Life is a long, bumpy road, but that makes for an exciting ride.
人生是一条漫长崎岖的道路,却也因此成为一段令人兴奋的旅程。
Choose a direction, and if the road turns -- turn!
选择一个方向,如果这条路转弯了--那就随着转吧!
If there is a fork in the road -- take it!
如果路上出现了岔路口,那就做出选择吧!
It's OK to map out your future -- but do it in pencil.
你可以规划自己的未来,但要用铅笔。
Continuing with the "new beginning and planning in pencil" theme,
正是遵循着“新的开始和用铅笔规划未来”这一主题,
it was in 2003, a new chapter in my life began and my fork in the road brought me here today.
2003年,我人生的新篇章开始了,人生的岔路口把我带到了今天这里。
In 2003 I became the co-owner of an arena football team in Philadelphia.
2003年,我成为费城一支8人制室内橄榄球队的所有人之一。
Talk about bumpy roads, lessons learned, humility and then divine intervention.
接下来谈谈我那崎岖的道路、吸取的教训、感到的卑微以及后来得到的神明的帮助吧。
OK, see if you can follow this:
好吧,看看你们能不能听懂我说的这些:
Rock star loves football, hears about an opportunity to own an arena team, laughs with his bandmates about calling plays from the owner's box.
一个摇滚明星爱上了橄榄球,得知有机会拥有一支8人制室内球队,想到可以在球队所有人包厢里指导球队战术,不禁和乐队成员一起大笑起来。
Then before you know it, calls are made on his behalf to pursue the team.
很快,不知不觉中,就有人以他的名义打电话,要收购球队。
Band sobers up and backs out; singer doesn't!
乐队其他成员醒过神来,打了退堂鼓,可主唱不退却!
He finds a partner. They start an expansion team called the Philadelphia Soul.
他找到一个合伙人,开始扩大球队规模,并将球队命名为“费城灵魂”。
In its first 5 years, it's the league's most popular team, and they win a championship for Philadelphia.
在刚成立的5年里,那是联盟内人气最高的球队,他们为费城赢得了总冠军。
We approach this team very differently.
我们对待这支球队的方式非常不同。
We use lessons learned in our "other lives" to put together a winning team on the field, but also to have impact off the field.
我们利用自己在“其他生活”中吸取的教训,不仅打造出一支球场上的优胜队,而且在场外也有一定的影响。
We make it an affordable, accessible, family affair and proudly announce that we intend to be the most philanthropic team in town.
我们让球赛成为每家每户都能支付的、都有机会观看的家庭活动,我们自豪地宣布,我们要成为费城最致力于慈善的球队。