How about this one?
那这个呢?
Entrepreneur. OK so the main difference there is in this last couple of syllables. We say entrepreneur.
企业家。好的,这个单词主要的不同就是最后几个音节。我们说的是“企业家”。
Oh really? entrepreneur
真的吗?企业家。
Yeah. Now I don't even know how to say it! Entrepreneur.
是的。现在我都快不知道该怎么发音了!企业家。
So you kind of do two syllables at the end here, where we just go entrepreneur or entrepreneur. Entrepreneur.
你好像是把结尾的两个音都给发出来的,但是我们说的就是“企业家”或者是“企业家”。企业家。
That's a weird word. Entrepreneur.
这个单词好奇怪。企业家。
What about.. this is kind of related, this word. Yeah. There's niche or niche.
那么......这个相似的,这个单词。是的。是合适的工作。
What do you say?
你怎么说?
I say niche but maybe I've been saying it wrong for a while but I think people say niche though.
我说的是“合适的工作”,但是我可能说的不对吧,但是我觉得大家说的是“合适的工作”。
It's your niche. Everyone, lots of people in America say niche, but everyone outside of America says niche.
你说的是“合适的工作”。美国人说的都是“合适的工作”,但是除此之外的其他人说的都是“合适的工作”。
Is that true? Did you have to look that up?
是吧?你是不是得查一下?
No that's true! I want to make sure I'm not the only one here.
是真的!我得保证我不是唯一一个这么说的。
It's not just you! Lots of Americans say niche and add a ‘t' sound in there but the rest of the world, the rest of the English-speaking world, says niche.
不只是你啦!很多美国人说的都是“合适的职业”,会加上一个“t”,但是其他的说英语国家的人说的都是“合适的职业”。
Find your niche.
找到合适你的职业。
Interesting, very interesting. OK.
很有趣,非常有趣。好的。
Caramel. Sorry what?
焦糖。不好意思,啥?
Caramel. We'll say, caramel, caramel apple!
焦糖。好的,我们说的是焦糖,焦糖苹果!
Caramel, caramel apple!
焦糖,焦糖苹果!
Yeah. Caramel.
是的。焦糖。
Yes, it's very different. Caramel.
是的,非常不一样。焦糖。
And I don't know why it's caramel, but it's caramel or people will say it both ways. It's caramel or caramel.
我不知道为什么是焦糖,但是就是焦糖,或者是这两种方式大家都会说。可以是焦糖,或者是焦糖。
Yeah, and even then, - caramel - if you say caramel, you put like a stronger stress on this third syllable, don't you? Caramel.
是的,甚至 - 焦糖 - 如果你说焦糖的话,你会把重音放在第三个音节上,是吧?焦糖。
Yeah -mel. Caramel. OK, this one.
是的,-mel。焦糖。好的,这一个。
Mobile. Mobile.
可移动的。手机。
Mobile. Mobile.
手机。手机。
Very different.
非常不一样。
It's quite different. But this is like - - you say it correctly.
真的很不一样。但是这个——你说的是对的。
You would normally, you would normally say just cell phone, right? Yeah, we say cell phone.
你们一般会说手机是吧?是的,我们说的是手机。
When do you use this word?
你们什么时候使用这个单词呢?
Like a mobile home, like to move things.
比如说移动房子,移动东西。
Yeah, not like a phone? Right.
是的,不是指手机对吧?是的。
Right because we would use this for a phone.
好的,因为我们会用这个单词指手机。
Even, well actually, I jumped in the ocean with my mobile.
甚至是,其实我带着手机跳进了海里。
You did too!
你也会说啊!
And I went to look for cell phones and it's like in Australia it's not really, they just always use mobile phones
我想找手机,但是在澳大利亚大家说的都是移动电话
so I was searching for what's the best cell phone plan and it's not how they say it.
所以我在找最好的手机,但是大家并不这么说。
Oh like you were Google-ing that? Yeah yeah.
比如说你在谷歌一下?是的是的。
But if you said that to someone here though, they'd know exactly what you were talking about.
但是如果你和这里的人说的话,他们完全知道你在说什么。
Cell phone, mobile phone.
手机,移动电话。
Right, right.
对对。
But if you did say mobile or what do you say? Mobile? Mobile. Mobile.
但是如果你说“mobile”这个单词的话,你会怎么说呢?手机?手机。手机。
They'd be like “what?”. Actually that's like the petrol company.
他们会想“啥”?其实那好像是一家汽油公司吧。
Yeah we don't use petrol either, we call it gas.
是的,我们也不会说“petrol”,我们会说“汽油”。
It's just gas or gasoline.
我们说“gas”或者是“gasoline”(汽油)。
So these are like loads of vocabulary differences between American and Australian English.
美式英语和澳大利亚英语有很多词汇差异。
We're trying to focus on pronunciation but there's a whole ‘nother lesson in vocabulary for sure!
我们想要专攻发音,但是当然还有其他的单词课程啦!
OK what about this one? This one is one of my favourites!
好的,那这个呢?这个是我最喜欢的其中之一!
It's very simply said. Aluminium.
这个很简单。铝。
Aluminium is what we say but actually when I, when I looked this up, you guys spell it differently.
我们说的是铝,但是我查这个单词的时候,发现你们的拼写也不一样
That's why! Because I'm looking at it, I'm like I don't think that's how we spell it, right.
是的!因为我在看这个单词的时候,感觉我们好像不是这么拼的呢。
You actually have changed the spelling so instead of , aluminium.
你改变了拼写方式,不是“aluminium”,
You, you just write it aluminum.
而是“aluminum”。
Is that right? Aluminium.
对吧?铝。
Yeah. Yeah. Aluminum. Just the -um at the end.
是的。是的。铝。结尾是-um。
Stop knocking that plant! Hey buddy!
不要再碰那盆植物了!兄弟!
OK, how about this?
那这个呢!
Leisure. Leisure. Leisure. Leisure.
休闲。休闲。休闲。休闲。
But I can see why leisure, that would make probably makes more sense
但是我大家知道为什么“休闲”讲得通,
but American pronunciation, leisure, with the 'r' and Australian pronunciation, leisure, bit lazier.
美式英语“休闲”会把“r”音给发出来,澳大利亚发音“休闲”就有点点懒懒的。
Turmeric. Turmeric. Yeah, turmeric. Here, turmeric.
姜黄。姜黄。是的,姜黄。姜黄。
Yeah, yeah. This is like - maybe I'm wrong but I think I've called it turmeric for all that I can remember.
是的。可能我错了,但是我记得应该是姜黄。
Don't doubt yourself that's just totally how you - Try not to doubt myself.
不要怀疑自己,你就是那么——不要怀疑自己。
Don't doubt yourself in everything you've known for thirty years! Yeah yeah.
不要怀疑你这三十年深信不疑的事情!是的是的。
But this is the spice, the yellow spice that's used a lot in Indian cooking and Malaysian cooking. Very, very tasty, delicious spice.
但是这是一种香料,黄色的香料,在印度和马来西亚烹饪中经常用到,非常非常好吃,很美味的香料。
So are you kind of surprised by how many differences there are or did you already know about a lot of those differences between American and Australian English?
看到这么多不同你感到惊讶吗,还是你已经知道了很多美式英语和澳大利亚英语之间的区别?
I think I get surprised by something almost every day!
我觉得我每天都会因为某些事情感到惊讶!
That you're here! Yeah, it's still very new for you, isn't it?
因为你在这里啊!是的,对你而言还是很新鲜的,对吧?
Yeah, It's just pronunciation, it is very different. Yes. Yeah, yeah.
是的,只是发音而已,非常不同。是的。是的呢。
But it's fun! Yeah? Do you find the Australian accent easy to understand or is it sometimes quite difficult?
但是很有趣呢!是的吧?你觉得澳大利亚口音很容易理解还是有时候还蛮难的啊?
I think for the most part you can understand it.
我觉得大部分你都可以理解。
There's just, there's that I think the more harder things in Australia is like using different words for different meanings.
我觉得澳大利亚这边难一点的是会用不同的单词来表示不同的意思。
Different vocabulary, slang words and stuff like that. Yes definitely.
不同的词汇还有俚语啥的。是的。
Alright, well, if you would like to watch any more videos about the difference between American English, Australian English, British English,
好的,如果你想要观看更多关于美式英语、澳大利亚英语和英式英语之间的区别的话,
I want you to go and check out these two here that I've just right on top of Allan right now.
大家可以观看一下这两节课程,就在阿伦的头顶上。
Sorry about that Allan but can you just hold these videos for me? Right here.
不好意思阿伦,你能帮我举一下这两个视频吗?就在这里。
Yeah. Thank you that's perfect!
是的。谢谢你,太棒啦!
If you would like to watch more of these videos and get updates when I release new videos, make sure that you subscribe to my channel
如果你想观看更多视频,当我发布新的视频的时候获取更新的话,记得一定要订阅我的频道,
by clicking this red button here and I will see you in the next lesson.
点击红色按钮就可以,下节课我们再见。
Thanks for joining us and thanks Allan!
谢谢加入我们,谢谢阿伦!
Well, you're very welcome!
不客气啦!
Thank you for having me.
谢谢邀请我。
Bye for now!
再见啦!