Renly seemed amused by that.
蓝礼似乎觉得很有趣。
"All for the good.
“我举双手赞成。
If we both use the same banner, the battle will be terribly confused."
如果咱俩打着同样的旗帜,打起来不弄混才怪。”
Catelyn said, "Let us hope there will be no battle.
凯特琳适时插话:“仗还是别打的好。
We three share a common foe who would destroy us all."
我们三方应该好好研究如何对付共同的敌人,否则它要把我们大家全部摧毁。”
Stannis studied her, unsmiling.
史坦尼斯再次审视她的面孔,依旧一点笑意也无。
"The Iron Throne is mine by rights.
“按照律法,铁王座属于我。
All those who deny that are my foes."
否认这点的都是我的敌人。”
"The whole of the realm denies it, brother," said Renly.
“全国都在否认你啊,老哥,”蓝礼说,
"Old men deny it with their death rattle, and unborn children deny it in their mothers'wombs.
“糟老头子临死时念叨着否认,未出生的婴儿在妈妈肚子里踢闹着否认。
They deny it in Dorne and they deny it on the Wall.
多恩人否认你,长城上的人否认你。
No one wants you for their king. Sorry."
没有一个人想让你当他的国王。非常遗憾。”
Stannis clenched his jaw, his face taut.
史坦尼斯咬紧下巴,面孔格外紧绷。
"I swore I would never treat with you while you wore your traitor's crown.
“我曾发誓,只要你还戴着那顶叛逆的冠冕,我就绝不和你打交道。
Would that I had kept to that vow."
我早该遵守誓言。”
"This is folly," Catelyn said sharply.
“这一切是多么可笑啊,”凯特琳尖锐地指出。
"Lord Tywin sits at Harrenhal with twenty thousand swords.
“泰温公爵率领两万大军屯驻于赫伦堡,
The remnants of the Kingslayer's army have regrouped at the Golden Tooth,
弑君者的残部在金牙城重整旗鼓,而在凯岩城的阴影下,
another Lannister host gathers beneath the shadow of Casterly Rock,
兰尼斯特正加紧编制新军,
and Cersei and her son hold King's Landing and your precious Iron Throne.
同时瑟曦和她儿子还占有着君临以及你们那宝贝的铁椅子。
You each name yourself king, yet the kingdom bleeds, and no one lifts a sword to defend it but my son."
你们都自称为王,眼下王国正分崩流血,除了我儿子,难道就没人肯拔剑而出、捍卫王国了么?”
Renly shrugged. "Your son has won a few battles.
蓝礼耸肩,“您儿子赢了几场战斗。
I shall win the war.
我将赢得整个战争。
The Lannisters can wait my pleasure."
一步一步来,到时候我自然会处理兰尼斯特。”
"If you have proposals to make, make them," Stannis said brusquely, "or I will be gone."
“你有什么建议,赶快提出来,”史坦尼斯唐突地喊道,“不然我马上离开。”
"Very well," said Renly.
“非常好,”蓝礼道,
"I propose that you dismount, bend your knee, and swear me your allegiance."
“我建议你立刻下马,单膝跪下,宣誓效忠。”
Stannis choked back rage.
史坦尼斯强抑怒火。
"That you shall never have."
“你永远得不到。”
"You served Robert, why not me?"
“你既然可以为劳勃效劳,为什么对我就不行?”
"Robert was my elder brother. You are the younger."
“劳勃是我长兄。你不过是我的小弟。”
"Younger, bolder, and far more comely..."
“是啊,我比你年轻,勇敢,标致……”
"... and a thief and a usurper besides."
“……小偷!篡夺者!”
Renly shrugged. "The Targaryens called Robert usurper.
蓝礼又耸耸肩。“坦格利安家也管劳勃叫篡夺者,
He seemed to be able to bear the shame. So shall I."
不过这指责对他毫无影响。所以我也无所谓。”
This will not do.
这样是不行的。