Chapter 5 Increasing Life.
第五章 让生命更加充实富裕
YOU must get rid of the last vestige of the old idea that there is a Deity whose will it is that you should be poor, or whose purposes may be served by keeping you in poverty.
过去,曾经有一种古老的观点,说世人的贫穷正是一神灵一手造成的,因为只有这样才能让世人崇拜他,为他服务。对此,我要告诚你的是,你必须将这样的观点彻底从你的脑海里清除出去,而且绝不能留下半点痕迹。
The Intelligent Substance which is All, and in All,
会思考的智能物质即万物。它存在于万物当中。
and which lives in All and lives in you,
你的身体里也蕴含着这样的物质。
is a consciously Living Substance.
这是一种具有思维而且还会不断生长的物质。
Being a consciously living substance, It must have the nature and inherent desire of every living intelligence for increase of life.
正因为如此,它和这宇宙中其他所有生物一样,渴望能够延长自己的生命,丰富自己的生活。这是一种与生俱来的本能,不会受到任何外界因素的影响。
Every living thing must continually seek for the enlargement of its life,
凡是生物,必然会不断地寻求扩展自我的机会,
because life, in the mere act of living, must increase itself.
因为生命的本质决定了它必须不断扩大自己的生命范畴。
A seed, dropped into the ground, springs into activity, and in the act of living produces a hundred more seeds;
一粒种子,一旦落入土中,便会拼命吸收各种养分,从而让自已能够以最快的速度生根发芽,然后制造出更多的种子,在更多的地方留下自己的生命痕迹。
life, by living, multiplies itself.
生存是所有生命繁術后代的惟一方式。
It is forever Becoming More;
只要有生命,它就会源源不断地制造出更多的生命。
it must do so, if it continues to be at all.
如果它想继续生存下去,就必须这样做。
Intelligence is under this same necessity for continuous increase.
在这一不曾中断的繁街过程中,智慧也同样必不可少。
Every thought we think makes it necessary for us to think another thought; consciousness is continually expanding.
任何想法和观点之间都是环环相扣的。只有在原有思想的基础上,各种新的思想才会不断涌现,而在这一过程当中,有意识的行为的比例也在不断增大。
Every fact we learn leads us to the learning of another fact; knowledge is continually increasing.
我们只有在获悉某一事实之后,才能继而了解与其有关的更多的事实,从而才能不断地扩大我们的知识面。
Every talent we cultivate brings to the mind the desire to cultivate another talent;
我们的智慧每增加一分,我们想获得更多智慧的渴望就会随之变得更强烈。
we are subject to the urge of life, seeking expression, which ever drives us on to know more, to do more, and to be more.
在生命原始冲动的鞭策下,我们从来没有停止过寻求一种能够让我们知道得更多,同时也让生活变得更丰富的生存方式。
In order to know more, do more, and be more we must have more; we must have things to use,
了让自己知道得更多,也为了让生活变得更丰富,我们必须得到更多。
for we learn, and do, and become, only by using things.
为为了学习,为了实现我们的梦想,我们必须有足够的工具和物质基础。
We must get rich, so that we can live more.
我们只有获得更多的财富,才能让这一切变为现实。
The desire for riches is simply the capacity for larger life seeking fulfillment;
因此,对财富的渴望不过是一种追求美好生活的本能。
every desire is the effort of an unexpressed possibility to come into action.
每一个渴望最终都能转化为行动的力量,
It is power seeking to manifest which causes desire.
通过实际行动证实渴望的源头就是生命的本能。
That which makes you want more money is the same as that which makes the plant grow; it is Life, seeking fuller expression.
从本质上来说,你想获得更多财富的源动力与植物渴望生长得更好的源动力一样,都是为了生命的形式更半富多彩。
The One Living Substance must be subject to this inherent law of all life; it is permeated with the desire to live more;
任何有生命的物质,都必须受到自然界这一内在规律的支配,任何渴望都是在它的统筹下产生,然后实现。
that is why it is under the necessity of creating things.
这就是为何所有生命都在不断地制造出更多生命的原因。
The One Substance desires to live more in you; hence it wants you to have all the things you can use.
在你的体内,同样存在着这样的物质,因此,在它的鞭策下,你会想得到所有能够利用的资源和物质。
It is the desire of God that you should get rich.
宇宙当然希望人类的每一个人都能享受富裕殷实的生活。
He wants you to get rich because he can express himself better through you if you have plenty of things to use in giving him expression.
我们享有财富完全是自然和社会发展的规律,因为只有这样,才能真正实现世界诞生的初衷。
He can live more in you if you have unlimited command of the means of life.
如果你能够做到彻底掌控自己的生活,宇宙之源就会一直与你同在。
The universe desires you to have everything you want to have.
你应当享有所有想拥有的事物,这是宇宙在创立之初就定下的自然规律。
Nature is friendly to your plans.
自然这个伟大的力量愿意帮助你实现所有计划。
Everything is naturally for you.
梦想成真,享受财富,这一切都是再自然不过的事情。
Make up your mind that this is true.
而你需要做的就是坚定信念,相信这一切都是真的。
It is essential, however that your purpose should harmonize with the purpose that is in All.
这很重要,不过,前提是你的目标应当与自然界的目标保持一致。
You must want real life, not mere pleasure of sensual gratification.
为此,你必须将自己的终极目标设定为获取真正的生活,而决不能因为一些世俗的感官享受就感到心满意足。
Life is the performance of function;
生活就是一个大舞台,各种机遇、目标、职责等都是这个舞台上的一个角色,
and the individual really lives only when he performs every function, physical, mental, and spiritual, of which he is capable, without excess in any.
只有那些能够成功饰演好所有这些角色,让自己的生理、心理以及精神都得到充分发展直至满足的人才能深刻体会生活的真实含义。
You do not want to get rich in order to live swinishly, for the gratification of animal desires;
有时候,由于受到某些低级趣味的影响,你会沉迷于一种苟且偷生的生活方式当中无法自拔。
that is not life.
请记住,这绝对不是我们应当追求的真正的生活。
But the performance of every physical function is a part of life,
但是,从另一方面来说,满足自身生理需求也是我们生活的一部分。
and no one lives completely who denies the impulses of the body a normal and healthful expression.
凡是抗拒或抵制健康且正常的身体冲动的人,一律都无法享受真正生活的乐趣。