被子的大地
When I was sick and lay a-bed,
卧病在床
I had two pillows at my head,
枕着两个枕头
And all my toys beside me lay,
玩偶都在身旁
To keep me happy all the day.
以免我郁郁寡欢
And sometimes for an hour or so
有时候,足足一个钟头
I watched my leaden soldiers go,
我看着铅制士兵们行军
With different uniforms and drills,
他们穿着不同的制服训练
Among the bed-clothes, through the hills;
沿着被褥,翻越山丘
And sometimes sent my ships in fleets
有时,我让舰队
All up and down among the sheets;
穿行在床单之海上
Or brought my trees and houses out,
要么把树木和房子都搬开
And planted cities all about.
在床上筑城
I was the giant great and still
我是个巨人,伟大而平静
That sits upon the pillow-hill,
坐镇枕头山
And sees before him, dale and plain,
凝视山谷和平原
The pleasant land of counterpane.
这床上的美妙世界
本文作者:罗伯特·斯蒂文森(1850一1894),苏格兰随笔作家、诗人、小说家、游记作家、新浪漫主义代表。他从学生时代起即酷爱文学,一生多病,但有旺盛的创作力。
本文选自的斯蒂文森《一个孩子的诗园》,其用词简洁但意境丰富,节奏清晰,声韵和谐,在英语国家几乎每家必备,被誉为儿童学习语言的“最优美的启蒙教材”。
微信公众号:英语美文朗读 孟叔的微博:孟飞Phoenix 孟叔的抖音:184302945