Renly's battles were already coming apart as the rumors spread from mouth to mouth.
谣言口耳相传,蓝礼的大军在逐步瓦解。
The nightfires had burned low, and as the east began to lighten the immense mass of Storm's End
夜晚的篝火渐渐熄灭,东方的旭日晨光下,风息堡硕大无朋的身躯卓然不群,
emerged like a dream of stone while wisps of pale mist raced across the field, flying from the sun on wings of wind.
宛如梦幻中的巨崖。苍白的迷雾一丝丝涌动,弥漫整个原野,随后又在太阳的光辉和清风的羽翼下四散逃窜。
Morning ghosts, she had heard Old Nan call them once, spirits returning to their graves.
那是清晨的幽灵啊,老奶妈给她讲过这个典故,那是返回坟墓的灵魂。
And Renly one of them now, gone like his brother Robert, like her own dear Ned.
蓝礼就在里面,一如他的哥哥劳勃,一如她挚爱的奈德。
"I never held him but as he died,"
“我从没抱过他,直到他死去的那一刻,”
Brienne said quietly as they walked through the spreading chaos.
她们在扩散的混乱中穿梭,布蕾妮静静地说。
Her voice sounded as if she might break at any instant.
她的语调听起来似乎随时可能崩溃。
"He was laughing one moment, and suddenly the blood was everywhere... my lady, I do not understand.
“前一刻他还在笑,突然却到处都是血……夫人,我不明白。
Did you see, did you... ?" "I saw a shadow.
您看见了吗,您看见……?”“我看见了一道影子。
I thought it was Renly's shadow at the first, but it was his brother's."
我起初以为那是蓝礼的影子,然而不是,那是他哥哥的影子。”
"Lord Stannis?"
“史坦尼斯大人?”
"I felt him. It makes no sense, I know."
“我能感觉到他。这听起来没什么理由,但我知道……”
It made sense enough for Brienne.
对布蕾妮而言,这句话已经足够。
"I will kill him," the tall homely girl declared.
“我会杀了他,”这位身材高大、容貌平庸的姑娘斩钉截铁地宣布。
"With my lord's own sword, I will kill him. I swear it. I swear it. I swear it."
“我会亲手杀了他,用我主公的剑替他报仇。我发誓!我发誓!我发誓!”
Hal Mollen and the rest of her escort were waiting with the horses.
哈尔·莫兰和她的护卫备好了马等着她。
Ser Wendel Manderly was all in a lather to know what was happening.
文德尔·曼德勒爵士正急不可捺地四处打听,想弄清到底发生了什么。
"My lady, the camp has gone mad," he blurted when he saw them.
“夫人,整个营地都好像发了疯!”瞧见她们,他不假思索地喊道。
"Lord Renly, is he—" He stopped suddenly, staring at Brienne and the blood that drenched her.
“蓝礼大人,他到底——”他突然住嘴,瞪着浑身浴血的布蕾妮。