I just feel that I'm a person that has something to say,
我这个人总是想传达一些东西,
and instead of saying it and using words,
但我不是用话语或文字来表达,
says it by just putting some paint on a surface.
我选择通过墙壁绘画来表达。
My name is Halwani, and I'm a street artist from Beirut.
我叫哈尔瓦尼,是贝鲁特的街头艺术家。
The reason I paint portraits or figures that kind of show our country is very simple.
我用肖像画或人物画的原因很简单,就是要展示我们的国家。
When I started painting all over the city, I used to have to remove photos of politicians, and political logos and election posters.
当我在贝鲁特的大街小巷画画时,我的选材会避开政客照片、政治标志以及选举海报。
These politicians weren't necessarily good at their job, occupy most of the urban landscape,
这些政客未必政绩卓越,却出现在大部分的城市景观中,
and this is where I actually wanted to replace them with something more positive that the citizens of Beirut,
为此,我想用更积极向上的贝鲁特市民来替代他们,
that the presence of these people is really optional.
对于绘画人物,我有很多选择。
There's a very complicated question of identity, when it comes to: what does it mean to be Lebanese?
他们的身份上存在一个很复杂的问题:身为黎巴嫩人意味着什么?
And this is another reason why I paint these faces.
这也是我画这些脸的另一个原因。
They represent the stories of Lebanon, Beirut, and the Arab world in general.
这些画代表了黎巴嫩、贝鲁特和整个阿拉伯世界的故事。
A mural can make a wall not only a wall,
壁画会让墙壁不再只是一堵墙,
but maybe something that creates a relationship of people with an element in the street,
还可以利用街头的某种元素建立人际关系,
and I think it kind of spreads positivity and changes the perspective of people from their everyday life.
我觉得,壁画可以传播积极性、改变人们对自己日常生活的看法。
I really appreciate the people that compare me to Banksy.
我真的很感激那些把我比作班克西的人。
I really appreciate Banksy's work,
我真的很欣赏班克西的作品,
and I think it's smart, it’s, uh, witty, and he has a lot of credit when it comes to the global street art movement.
我觉得他的作品机智诙谐、妙趣横生,而且他在全球街头艺术运动方面很有名气。
I don't paint just for the sake of painting, or for the sake of capitalizing on a certain event.
我作画的原因不在于想要画画,也不在于从某个事件中获利。
I just paint when I feel that I have something constructive to say.
我作画的目的在于传达一些积极的想法。