手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > NBA球星感人演讲 > 正文

沙克·奥尼尔的篮球名人堂演讲(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

My first exposure to leadership was when I was given babysitting duties,

我第一次感受到领导力,是在我被安排带孩子的时候,
while my mom and dad were at work and I had to corral my brothers and sisters.
当时我的父母都在工作,我不得不把我的弟弟妹妹们圈在一起。
In a way this is where I led my first corporation.
在某种程度上来说,那是我第一次率领团队。
My sister Lateefah was my VP of dishes, my sister Ayesha was the Chief Operating Officer of bedmaking,
我的妹妹拉蒂法是负责餐具的我的副总裁,我的妹妹阿伊莎是负责铺床的我的首席运营官,
and my brother Jamal was my director of leaves.
我弟弟贾马尔是负责扫叶子的我的总监。
They would always report to me as I would be in deep thought, eating baloney sandwiches and Frosted Flakes, and watching General Hospital.
当我陷入沉思,吃着熏肠三明治和冻麦片,看着《综合医院》的时候,他们总是会向我报告。
Luke and Laura forever by the way.
顺便说一句,卢克和劳拉永存。
But seriously, guys, I love you. Thanks for always being there and be a part of this enjoyable ride.
但说真的,我爱你们。谢谢你们一直的陪伴,成为了我愉快人生旅程中的一部分。
I commit with the day that gave me great anxiety was when we left Newark New Jersey.
我们离开新泽西纽瓦克的时候,我记得那天的我非常焦虑。
And we ended up in Wildflecken West Germany.
最后我们来到了西德的维尔德弗莱肯。
It was really here to start up a series of events that will help create the character known as "Shark".
正是在这里,开启了一系列创造“大鲨鱼”这个角色的事件。
So matter of fact I was cut by my coach freshmen and sophomore year.
事实上,我在大一和大二的时候,都被我的教练裁掉了。
And I thought about giving it up, we could have all ended there.
我想过放弃,我们本可以就此结束。
But there were three people who would change the direction of my life.
但有三个人改变了我的人生方向。
Fort McMurray, Fort, where are you? Why you got back there?
福特·麦克默里,你在哪里?你坐那么靠后干嘛?
Fort McMurray was my first official coach.
福特·麦克默里是我第一位正式教练。
And what I loved about Fort is he saw something in me that others didn't.
我之所以喜欢福特,是因为他看到了我身上别人看不到的东西。
He gave me the freedom to emulate my favorite player, Dr. J.
他给了我模仿我最喜欢的篮球运动员J博士的自由。

沙克·奥尼尔的篮球名人堂演讲

Next sir, "Iceman". No, not George Gervin but Chris Woodard. Chris, where are you? Stand up, Chris.

下一位是“冰人”。不是乔治·格文,而是克里斯·伍达德。克里斯,你在哪里?请起立,克里斯。
Chris was a Army base legend.
克里斯是军队基地的一名传奇。
When others didn't pick this scrawny 6'9" kid, me, who couldn't play, who couldn't dunk,
当别人不选这个骨瘦如柴、6英尺9英寸、不会打球,不会扣篮的孩子的时候,
it was "Iceman" who will not only picked me, but pushed me to hone my skills and pursue my dream of becoming the NBA player, thank you, Ice.
是“冰人”不仅选择了我,还敦促我磨练自己的技术,追求成为NBA球员的梦想,谢谢你,“冰人”。
And last but not least, Daddy Dale Brown.
最后一位是老爹戴尔·布朗。
My father came in the house one day, and I was sitting on the couch, and he just came and threw the paper.
有一天,我父亲走进家门,我正坐在沙发上,他把一份申请扔了过来。
"Get your ass up, there's a college coach out there. He might give you a scholarship. Come and listen to him to talk."
“快给我起来,外边有一位大学教练。他可能会给你一份奖学金。快起来去听他讲话。”
I was 6'9", 6'10", couldn't play. Definitely I won't go to college.
当时的我大约6英尺9英寸、6英尺10英寸的样子,球打得也不怎么样。基本上是上不了大学的。
So I get up there. But before I go up there, I'm like, you know, "I'm talking to a college coach.
于是我站起身。在我和他见面之前,我想:“那可是一位大学教练啊。
Let me... let me go in this dict ionary and pull out a big word so I'll see you smart."
我得去查查字典,找出一个很牛的单词,这样会让我看起来很聪明。”
So the word I chose was "extremities."
所以我最后选择的词汇是“四肢”。
So coach Brown is talking, and you know he's, he gets done with the speech and I go up to him.
布朗教练当时在做演讲,结束的时候,我走到了他面前。
I said, "Coach, hi, my name is Shaquille O'Neal, sir. Can you send me a program to strengthen my lower extremities?"
我说:“教练好,我叫沙奎尔·奥尼尔。你能给我发个增强下肢功能的程序吗?”
And coach Brown looked at me, and he said, "Sure, how long you been in the army, soldier?"
然后布朗教练看着我说:“好啊。你在军队里待了多久了,战士?”
I said, "I'm not an army. I'm... I'm only 13."
我说:“我没有参军。我今年才13岁。”
"What? What? Where's your father?"
“什么?什么?你爸爸在哪里?”
I said, "He's in the sauna."
我说:“他应该在泡桑拿。”
"I want to offer you a scholarship right now."
“我现在就给你提供一份奖学金。”
And you know, he offered me a scholarship on that day, coach, thank you.
于是他那天就给了我一份奖学金。教练,谢谢你。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
director [di'rektə, dai'rektə]

想一想再看

n. 董事,经理,主管,指导者,导演

 
hone [həun]

想一想再看

n. 细磨刀石 vt. 磨刀,磨练 vi. 渴望,抱怨

联想记忆
pursue [pə'sju:]

想一想再看

v. 追捕,追求,继续从事

联想记忆
base [beis]

想一想再看

n. 基底,基础,底部,基线,基数,(棒球)垒,[化]碱

 
corporation [.kɔ:pə'reiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 公司,法人,集团

联想记忆
legend ['ledʒənd]

想一想再看

n. 传说,传奇

联想记忆
smart [smɑ:t]

想一想再看

adj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的

 
exposure [iks'pəuʒə]

想一想再看

n. 面临(困难),显露,暴露,揭露,曝光

 
strengthen ['streŋθən]

想一想再看

v. 加强,变坚固

联想记忆
emulate ['emjuleit]

想一想再看

vt. 效法,尽力赶上,仿真 [计算机] 仿真

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。