Last February, I called Michael and asked him if he would introduce Kobe tonight, and he graciously accepted.
去年二月,我打电话给迈克尔,问他是否愿意在今晚给科比做引荐人,他欣然接受了。
Thank you for being here, Michael.
感谢你的到来,迈克尔。
Kobe admired you. This means so much to us.
科比很崇拜你。这对我们意义重大。
I used to always avoid praising my husband to public,
我过去总是尽量避免当众表扬我丈夫,
because I felt like he got enough praise from his fans around the world and someone had to bring him back to reality.
因为我觉得他已经从全世界的粉丝那里得到了足够多的赞扬,所以必须有人把他带回现实。
Right now, I'm sure he's laughing in heaven,
此时此刻,我相信他一定在天堂里大笑,
because I'm about to praise him in public for his accomplishments on one of the most public stages.
因为我要在最大众的舞台上,公开表扬他的成就。
I can see him now, arms folded, with a huge grin saying, "Isn't this some shit."
我想他一定在抱着胳膊,咧着嘴笑着说,“真是让人想不到啊。”
He's still winning.
他仍然是个赢家。
I wish my husband was here to accept this incredible award.
我真希望我丈夫能在这里接受这个杰出的奖项。
He and Gigi deserve to be here to witness this.
他和Gigi应该在这里见证这一切的。
Gigi would be so proud to watch her daddy get enshrined into the basketball Hall of Fame.
Gigi会很骄傲地看着她的爸爸进入篮球名人堂。
I know Kobe was really looking forward to being here.
我知道科比一直很期待能来到这里。
He asked the Hall of Fame to specifically add a sixth ticket for Capri. He was so happy.
他要求名人堂特别为卡普里增加第六张门票。他真的很开心。
He didn't really talk about upcoming awards, but he did mention this one a week before he and Gigi passed.
他并没有谈论即将到来的奖项,但在他和Gigi去世的前一周,他曾提到了这个奖项。
My husband and I were sitting at our kitchen island,
我丈夫和我当时坐在我们的岛式厨房,
and he and I had a conversation about my mother- and father-in-law attending tonight's enshrinement.
我和他谈到了邀请我的公公和婆婆来参加这一仪式的事情。
I invited my mother- and father-in-law in this enshrinement to thank them for bringing one of the most amazing human beings into this world.
我邀请我的母亲和公公参加这个仪式,感谢他们把一个如此神奇的人带到了这个世界上。
Pam and Joe, thank you for raising Kobe to be exceptional. Thank you to all of Kobe's family.
帕姆和乔,感谢你们把科比培养成一个杰出的球员。感谢科比的家人。
Sharia, you've gone above and beyond. I love you.
沙利亚,你们超越了一切。我爱你们。
There would never be anyone like Kobe.
世界上永远不会再有像科比这样的人了。
Kobe was one of a kind. He was special. He was humble, off the court, but bigger than life.
科比是独一无二的。他是特别的。他在场下很谦逊,比生命更重要。
To all of our close friends and family that have been present for my girls and I, thank you.
对所有为了我和我的女儿而来的亲密朋友和家人们,谢谢你们。
That list is long, and it takes a village.
这份名单很长,所以我就简而论之。
But know that your kindness and love does not go unappreciated.
但要知道,你们的善良和爱不会被忽视。
I know that Kobe's thankful that you're all coming through for his girls.
我知道,科比一定很感激你们为他的女儿们所做的一切。
We love you all and are forever grateful for you.
我们爱你们,永远感激你们。
If my husband were here tonight,
如果我的丈夫今晚在场,
he would have a long list of people to thank that helped inspire him and equip him to be in the Hall of Fame.
他会感谢很多很多的人,是他们激励了他,使他有资格进入名人堂。
Family, friends, mentors, the Lakers, teammates, muses and opponents.
有家人、朋友、导师、湖人队上下、队友、激励他的人和对手们。
This is one of the many hard parts about not having them here.
不能把他们都请到现场,真的很遗憾。
At the risk of leaving anyone out, I can only say thank you.
可能会漏掉很多人,但我只想说,谢谢你们。
To all those who helped him get here, you know who you are, and I thank you on his behalf.
对所有帮助他走到今天的人,你们都知道我说的是谁,我谨代表他,感谢你们。