Every kid has the one gift they want more than anything for Christmas. This is the story of mine.
每个孩子都有一份他们最想要的圣诞礼物。这是我的故事。
Bookends?
书夹?
They have baseballs on them.
上面还有棒球。
I see that.
我看到了。
No, not those. Nintendo.
不,不是那些。是任天堂。
A maze of rubber wiring and electronic intelligence so advanced it was deemed not a video game, but an 8-bit entertainment system.
迷宫般的橡胶布线和如此先进的电子智能,它不被视为电玩,而是一个8位元的娱乐系统。
No Nintendo in my house. I second that. Looks like a no-go on the Nintendo.
我家里不能有任天堂。我附议。看起来不会有天堂了。
I needed a Christmas miracle.
我需要一个圣诞奇迹。
The year was 1987 or was it 88? Super bowl was...
那一年是1987年还是88年?超级碗是...
Okay does it really matter dad?
好吧,这真的重要吗,爸爸?
Oh, okay, the year was the late 80s. I was 11 years old.
好吧,那是80年代末。那时我11岁。
Did you wear a helmet?
你戴头盔了吗?
Yeah, we always wore helmets in the 80s.
80年代的时候我们都戴头盔。
Me and my friends would do anything just to play one.
我和我的朋友们为了能玩儿一次任天堂,愿意做任何事。
Any of you huddled masses want to play? What have you brought me?
你们有谁想玩吗?你们带了什么给我?
I got a goldfish!
我有一条金鱼!
Untraceable cash money!
无法追踪的现金!
One thing became clear -- I needed to get my own.
有一件事变得清晰起来--我需要有自己的房子。
This is bigger than Christmas! This is our Vietnam.
这比圣诞节更重要!这是我们的越战。
I don't think that means what you think it means.
我觉得那不是你想的那个意思。
I have no idea what it means.
我不知道是什么意思。
We're gonna get into so much trouble!
我们会惹上大麻烦的!
Sometimes during Christmas, just when you think all hope is lost something magical happens.
有时在圣诞节,就在你认为所有的希望都破灭的时候,神奇的事情发生了。
Sold out in 20 minutes. Suddenly, one woman punched a grandma right in the throat. Same family, too.
20分钟内售罄。突然,一个女人一拳打在一位老奶奶的喉咙上。她们来自同一个家庭。
Are you making all this up?
这些都是你编的吗?
No, no, no way!
不,不,怎么可能!
Did you guys hear? In the wreath selling contest!
你们听说了吗?卖花环比赛在进行中!
First prize is a brand new Nintendo entertainment system!
第一名的奖品是全新的任天堂娱乐系统!
I'm gonna kill you.
我要杀了你。
Hold on.
等一等。
There are no rules.
没有规则。
That Nintendo is mine.
任天堂是我的。
What do you want?
你想要什么?
Want to buy a wreath?
想买个花环吗?
Ma! This kid thinks your wreath sucks!
妈!这孩子觉得你的花环烂透了!
Video games have been doing all kinds of strange things to children.
电子游戏对孩子们产生了各种奇怪的影响。
What?
什么?
It was the 80s! Stuff got real.
那是80年代!事情都很真实。
Red dog, this is blue bird.
红狗,这里是蓝鸟。
This is rainbow one.
这里是彩虹一号。
What happened to red dog?
红狗怎么了?
I changed it.
我改了名字。
We get to change names now? This is millennium falcon super cool. Wow, love it.
我们现在还可以改名?这里是超酷千年鹰号。哇,我喜欢。