I'm gonna make the most delicious, beautiful potato dauphinoise;
我要做最美味,最漂亮的马铃薯千层派;
creamy, oozy, cheesy, melt in your mouth, absolutely gorgeous.
奶油的柔滑细腻,土豆泥的软糯,浓浓的奶酪味,入口即化,绝对美味。
Normally, like the dauphinoise would take a couple of hours to cook but the way I'm gonna do it, the way I'm gonna cheat it, it's gonna be incredible and way quicker.
通常情况下,马铃薯千层派需要几个小时的时间去做,但我要做的方法,我要通过作弊的方法去做,这种方法会非常棒,而且更快速。
First of all, I've got a kilo of nice, Maris Piper potatoes.
首先,我准备了一公斤品质不错的马里斯派珀土豆。
Instead of trying to slice it all by hand, use your food processor, that's what it's invented for.
不需要用手把它切成薄片,可以用你的食物处理器,这就是它发明的目的。
Not even doing any work.
甚至不做任何工作。
So, in a tray I'm gonna put the potatoes in here.
把土豆放在托盘里。
Onions are gonna go through as well.
洋葱也要放进去。
So onions and potatoes, the base of the flavour.
洋葱和土豆是调味的基础。
I need the kettle, put that on, and then we're gonna put a nice pinch of salt, some pepper.
我需要水壶,把水倒进去,然后放一小撮盐,一些胡椒粉。
We're going to use a little cream.
我们要用一点奶油。
I'm gonna use three quarters of this pot.
我要用四分之三的锅。
This is no longer a classic recipe now, this is just taking some of the accents of flavour.
这已经不再是经典的食谱了,这只是加入了一些不同的味道。
It's gonna cook quicker, for busy people.
对忙碌的人来说,烹饪得更快。
I still want nice food though, you know.
不过我还是想要好吃的食物。
A little thyme from over here. Just a little snip of that.
这里放一点百里香。 只需要剪一小段。
So I'm gonna whack this on the hob now.
我现在要把它放在炉盘上。
I'm gonna put a little bit of that boiling water in here.
我要在这里放一点沸水。
Just enough to come about a quarter of the way up and I'm gonna put that on full whack.
刚好够到四分之一的高度,我要开大火。
I'm gonna bring that to a boil.
我要把它煮开。
These potatoes are gonna cook on the hob and then we use the oven to sort of get it gratinated and sort of golden and bubbly and delicious.
这些土豆要放在炉子上烤,然后用烤箱把土豆焗一下,焗成金黄色,鼓起泡泡,变得美味可口。
So I'm gonna add a few key ingredients.
所以我要加入一些关键的配料。
Anchovies;
凤尾鱼;
you can put a bit of the oil in as well, that won't hurt.
你也可以放点油进去,不会有问题的。
Just two or three anchovies, just break them up with your hand.
只要两三条凤尾鱼,用手把它们掰开。
They'll melt into a nothingness, yeah.
他们会化开消失,是的。
But it's like a saltiness, a seasy saltiness that just makes this dish beautiful.
不过这是一种咸味,一种让这道菜变得美味的咸味。
Also garlic.
还有大蒜。
Bang it in, don't even bother peeling it.
把它扔进去,甚至不用剥了。
And squash that in.
把它挤碎,放进去。
And what I wanna do now is just put a little nutmeg.
现在我要放一点肉豆蔻。
About a quarter of a nutmeg goes in and then just a little bit of parmesan now.
加入四分之一的肉豆蔻,再加一点帕尔马干酪。
Little bit of parmesan go in like that.
像这样放一点帕尔马干酪进去。
Now I'm gonna cover that now with tin foil, I'm gonna turn the heat down.
现在我要用锡纸盖住它,我要把火关小。
Let that just cook for about six minutes.
煮大约六分钟。
I'm gonna take this tin foil off of the potatoes here.
我要把锡纸从土豆上拿下来。
Put an extra bit of parmesan on the top and this is one of my favourite potato dishes.
在上面多放一点帕尔马干酪,这是我最喜欢的土豆菜之一。
And then we'll get this straight in the oven and that'll start gratinating and getting really gnarly and beautiful.
然后我们把它直接放进烤箱,表面会形成脆壳,变得非常多层和漂亮。
So that goes straight in there.
直接放进去。
Let's go and have a look at the potatoes.
我们去看看土豆吧。
This is the dish that would take so much time to do it traditionally and look at that.
按照传统做法,这道菜要花很多时间来做,看看这个。
Beautiful!
漂亮!
Crispy on the top, soft, and sort of numptious, in the middle.
上面酥脆,中间软糯可口。
It absolutely fills the dauphinoise hole that I've always loved.
它完全填补了我一直喜欢的马铃薯千层派缺憾。