Hello, I'm John Russell.
大家好,我是约翰·罗素。
So far in this series, we have talked about the vowel sounds of American English and the consonant sounds of American English.
到目前为止,我们已经讨论了美式英语的元音发音和辅音发音。
But we have not yet specifically talked about an unusual sound that you have heard in almost every episode.
但我们还没有具体讨论过这个特别的声音,几乎每期视频你都能听到。
Every time I greet you to the show, I say the following word: Hello.
每次我向你打招呼,我都会说:“hello你好”。
Today, let's explore the sound at the beginning of this common everyday word: /h/.
今天,让我们来探索一下这个日常用语开头的发音:/h/。
When you produce /h/, you breathe out.
当你发/h/的音,你会呼气。
In general, your lips and tongue take whatever position is required to produce the vowel sound after it.
通常情况下,你的嘴唇和舌头会按需要的位置发出后面的元音。
In other words, /h/ is a bit different depending on the nature of the following vowel.
换句话说,/h/的发音有一点不同,这取决于后面元音的性质。
Think about these words: hello.
想一想这些词:hello。
When I say "hello", I form my lips and tongue in a way so that I can say the vowel sound /倒e/.
当我说“hello”的时候,我的嘴唇和舌头会形成某种形状,以便我能发出/倒e/的音。
Now consider this word which is similar to hello, "Halo".
现在想想这个词,和Hello很相似,Halo。
Note how my mouth moves to say the vowel after /h/ halo.
注意我的嘴在发/h/后面的元音时是如何移动的。
Overall, when you make the /h/ sound, your vocal cords are tense and restricted.
总的来说,当你发/h/音时,你的声带是紧张和受限的。
But they do not move.
但是声带没有震动。
The back of your tongue should be pushed back a little to create friction as the air flows out from the back of your mouth.
当空气从口腔后部流出时,舌头后部应该稍向后推一点,以产生摩擦。
While speakers of some kinds of English drop the /h/ sound in some words, I would recommend pronouncing the /h/ fully and clearly.
虽然有些说英语的人会在某些单词中省略/h/的发音,但我建议把/h/音完全而清晰地发出来。
So when you practice making the sound, be sure to pay careful attention to how you say the following vowel sounds as well.
所以当你练习发/h/音的时候,一定要注意你是如何发后面的音的。
That's all for today.
以上就是本期视频的全部内容。
Keep up the good work.
继续加油吧。