Even at that price, a pair of sneakers, transported from Asia to the US or Europe, would only cost five cents more.
即使是这个价格,一双球鞋从亚洲运往美国或欧洲,也只是多花了5分钱。
So for me, the argument around affordability is just a bad excuse for not making the necessary decisions and investments.
所以对我来说,关于负担能力的言论只是一个坏借口,是为了避免做出必要的决定和投资。
And if we had a price on CO2, let's say around 150 dollars, the affordability argument would disappear.
假设我们给二氧化碳定价,大概150美元,负担能力的说法就会消失。
I urge governments to show leadership and implement a global price on CO2 now.
我敦促政府展现出领导力,立即为二氧化碳制定全球价格。
Because with that, we could focus all of our attention on the real issue, which is not the price, but the scale.
因为这样,我们才能关注真正的问题,关注规模而不是价格。
At Maersk, I asked the following question: "How much green electricity do we need to fuel all of our 750 vessels with green fuel?"
在马士基集团,我问了这个问题:“要给我们全部750艘船提供清洁燃料,需要多少清洁电力?”
Our fleet today consumes 10 million tonnes of bunker oil.
我们的船队现在一天要消耗一千万吨船用燃油。
To replace that with green fuel, we estimate that we need 220,000 gigawatt-hours of green electricity.
如果替换成清洁燃料,我们预计需要220亿千瓦时的清洁电力。
That is the equivalent of 10 percent of the installed base of solar and wind in 2019.
这相当于2019年已安装的太阳能和风能产生电力的10%。
And Maersk is 20 percent of the cargo shipping industry.
马士基集团占货运行业的20%。
So to fuel the cargo shipping industry alone would consume 50 percent of the entire installed base of green electricity.
所以单单为整个货运行业提供燃料就需要消耗清洁电力产量的50%。
And that's just cargo shipping.
而这只是货运。
In other words, we need a dramatic, exponential scale of installations of solar, of wind, of hydrogen production, of green fuel production, to solve this problem.
换句话说,我们需要太阳能、风力、氢气制造、清洁燃料制造设备以剧增、指数型增幅增长,才能解决这个问题。
We estimate that the total investment will be in the neighborhood of two trillion dollars, which, granted, is a lot of money.
我们预计总投资大约为两万亿美元,确实是一笔不小的数目。
But actually, it is the equivalent of four years of capital expenditure in the oil and gas industry today.
但是实际上,这相当于现今油气行业四年的资本支出。
I predict that for the next 10 years, the demand for green fuel will be significantly higher than the supply.
我预计在接下来的十年,清洁燃料会远远供不应求。
Isn't that wonderful?
很棒吧?
Higher demand and supply normally means great business opportunities for everyone who chooses to participate, and it proves one of my key assumptions in today's world: it has become good business to invest in sustainable solutions.
更多的供需通常意味着给想要参与的人带来更多的商机,也证明了我对当今世界的一个重要假设:投资可持续解决方案会是一笔好生意。
My conclusion is very simple.
我的结论很简单。
We have the technologies needed to create a sustainable future.
我们已经有了可以创造可持续未来的技术。
What we need is leadership, leadership to get us there faster.
我们需要的是领导,带领我们更快地到达那里。
On the first of July, 2021, Maersk ordered the first vessel designed for green fuel.
2021 年的7月1日,马士基集团订购了第一艘为清洁燃料设计的集装箱船。
It will be delivered in 2023.
将在2023年交付。
Only two months later, we ordered another eight large vessels and made our first investments in green fuel production.
仅仅两个月之后,我们又订购了8艘巨型集装箱船,也做了第一笔清洁燃料制造的投资。
What seemed to be an impossible dream only three years ago is becoming reality now, seven years ahead of the original plan.
三年前看起来无法实现的梦想,现如今逐渐成真,比我们的原定计划早了七年。
This is a leadership moment.
这是一个领导力瞬间。
It is time for us to pursue big dreams, even if they seem impossible.
我们追寻宏大理想的时刻到了,就算看似无法实现。
And it is time for us to collaborate around the critical details so we get to a sustainable future much, much faster.
我们就重要细节积极合作的时刻到了,以更早地到达一个可持续的未来。
Thank you very much.
谢谢大家。