手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > 英文演讲录 > 正文

拉吉普特 -- 把握当下(4)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

And two years later, guess what, I got myself my first big break.

两年后,猜猜发生了什么,我得到了我的第一个重大突破。

I was selected for a prime time show on TV.

我被选中参加一个黄金时段的电视节目。

Now hear me out.

现在听我说完。

It was seriously a big break because I started earning, people started recognizing me.

这真的是一个很大的突破,因为我开始赚钱,人们开始认可我。

To be honest, I would deliberately go and roam in all these malls so that people could look at me, smile, ask for my photograph.

老实说,我会故意去这些商场闲逛,这样人们就可以看到我,微笑着,要我的照片。

And I was watching myself on TV for the first time.

我第一次在电视上看到了自己。

You have no idea how it feels for somebody like me to, you know, just looking at me for, and I was looking at myself every day on TV.

你不知道像我这样的人看到电视上的自己是什么感觉,只是盯着看,我每天都在电视上看着自己。

It was a big, big, big high.

那是一个很高很高的位置了。

I also suddenly discovered that I actually had many friends, who were absent all this while, but suddenly they popped up.

我也突然发现,我其实有很多朋友,他们之前一直都不在,但突然他们出现了。

And the show became popular.

这个节目变得很受欢迎。

I was making good money to a point that money stopped being a differentiator in my life.

我赚了一大笔钱,以至于钱在我的生活中不再是一个与众不同的因素。

And I was becoming more and more popular.

我变得越来越受欢迎。

Now I cannot go to all these malls that I was going all alone.

现在我不能一个人去这些购物中心了。

So, I wanted somebody to be with me, to save me.

所以,我想要有人陪在我身边,拯救我。

So, you know what I'm saying?

你知道我在说什么吗?

I bought myself my first dream house.I bought myself my dream car.

我给自己买了第一套梦想中的房子。我给自己买了一辆梦寐以求的车。

And just a note, to you as well, I was getting such female attention that my engineering college friends could only possibly dream of.

顺便说一句,我得到了女性的关注,这是我工科大学的朋友们梦寐以求的。

So, I was having a time of my life.

所以,我度过了我人生中的一段时光。

And then something unusual happened, I got used to everything and I felt cheated.

然后,一些不寻常的事情发生了,我习惯了一切,感觉被骗了。

I stayed with all these dreams for 10 and 15 years of my life.

在我生命中的10到15年里,我一直伴随着所有这些梦想。

I was promised happiness and I was promised success.

我得到了幸福的承诺,我也得到了成功的承诺。

But all these things stayed with me just for a few days.

但所有这些东西只在我身上停留了几天。

And I'm punctuating me because I started from zero money and zero recognition.

我之所以这么说,是因为我一开始没有钱,没有认可。

So, I was not happy. How could that it be?

所以,我并不开心。这怎么可能呢?

I didn't like this version of success.

我不喜欢这个版本的成功。

And the future me, again, was hearing the present me.

而未来的我,再次听到了现在的我。

But this time, I decided otherwise, I would do something else.

但这一次,我决定做一些其他的事情。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
unusual [ʌn'ju:ʒuəl]

想一想再看

adj. 不平常的,异常的

联想记忆
popular ['pɔpjulə]

想一想再看

adj. 流行的,大众的,通俗的,受欢迎的

联想记忆
prime [praim]

想一想再看

adj. 最初的,首要的,最好的,典型的
n.

联想记忆
deliberately [di'libəritli]

想一想再看

adv. 慎重地,故意地

 
recognition [.rekəg'niʃən]

想一想再看

n. 认出,承认,感知,知识

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。