I never really had a chance to be a kid. I spent most of my time in my mom's world.
我从来没有机会做个孩子。我大部分时间都在我妈妈的世界里度过。
What are your summer plans, Auden?
你的暑假计划是什么,奥登?
I'm spending it with my father in Colby.
我要和我爸爸一起在科尔比度过。
She thinks they're gonna bond.
她觉得他们会亲近起来。
Mom.
妈妈。
My whole life was about school, which didn't leave me a lot of time for anything else.
我的整个人生都是和学校绑在一起,没有多少时间做其他事情。
But it's the summer before college... and I want to change that.
但现在是上大学前的夏天...我想做做改变。
I'm so glad you're here.
我很高兴你能来。
This is my stepdaughter, Auden.
这是我继女,奥登。
I didn't mean to scare you.
我不是故意要吓你的。
Sorry, long night.
对不起,漫漫长夜。
Aren't they all? Will you let me make it up to you?
不是吗?你愿意让我补偿你吗?
After you.
你先进。
You're Auden, right? Scholarship to Defriese.
你是奥登,对吧?德弗里斯的奖学金。
How do you know all this about me?
你怎么知道我的这些事?
Can I let you in on a secret?
我能告诉你一个秘密吗?
Nobody's a stranger in Colby.
在科尔比,没有人是陌生人。
Think of a bunch of stuff you haven't done, and just start doing them, like a quest.
想一堆你还没有做的事情,然后开始做它们,就像一个任务一样。
We should teach you how to ride a bike.
我们应该教你怎么骑自行车。
Everyone knows how to ride a bike.
每个人都会骑自行车的。
Are you sure? Okay, fine.
你确定吗?好的,很好。
Every night you go hang out with Eli, and you never tell us anything about it.
你每天晚上和伊莱出去玩,却从不告诉我们这件事。
Auden, hey. Hey. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.
奥登,嘿。嘿。抱歉。抱歉。
Everything okay? Is there something you wanna talk about?
一切都好吗?你有什么想说的吗?
Let's go.
我们走吧。
This summer you've been pushing me to be this whole new version of myself, but you won't tell me anything about who you are.
这个夏天你一直在逼我做一个全新的自己,但你却不告诉我你是谁。
I think I push people away. I come off as a little intense.
我觉得我总是把别人推开。我表现得有点紧张。
Life is long, Auden. It'd be boring if we had to stay the same versions of ourselves the whole time.
人生很漫长,奥登。如果我们必须让自己一成不变,那就太无聊了。
Three, two, one!
三,二,一!
You ready?
你准备好了吗?
Food fight!
食物大作战!
This is my chance to figure out who I wanna be... before the rest of my life starts.
这是我弄清楚自己想成为什么样的人的机会...在我的余生开始之前。