Entrepreneurs with new technologies are emerging everywhere.
手握新科技的企业家遍地涌出。
Framework agreements guiding government action are in place, and there are big and new commitments being made.
指导政府工作的框架协议准备就绪,雄心勃勃的新承诺已经许下。
The solutions go well beyond just fixing air-conditioning.
解决方案并不只是解决空调问题。
The solutions range from city design to architecture, from building materials to appliances, from geoengineering to green roofs.
范围从城市设计到建筑学,从建筑材料到工具器具,从地质工程到绿色屋顶,都囊括其中。
The solutions can be high-tech, they can be low-tech, and there are four areas of promise, four areas where solutions could be transformative if we step up to the plate, prioritize, regulate and invest.
解决方案可以是高科技的,也可以是低科技的,我们在 4个领域作出承诺,这4个领域的解决方案可能带来变革,前提是我们能负起责任,排好优先级,做好管理,投入资金。
We’ll go through them one by one.
现在我们来一一讲解。
First, we need to build and design differently for cooling.
首先,为了制冷,需要改变建筑的建造和设计。
For the last 70 years or more, air-conditioning has driven building design.
过去70年,或者更久,制冷系统一直驱动建筑设计。
We need to change that, and we need to move away from hermetically sealed concrete and glass boxes where you can switch on an air conditioner but you cannot open the window.
这得改,还要舍弃完全密封的混凝土和玻璃盒子,在这些盒子里,你只能开空调,不能开窗。
You know it doesn’t have to be a window rattler as a solution.
但要解决这个问题,不一定要加扇窗户。
District cooling can provide cooling solutions for building complexes by running water through insulated pipes.
区域性制冷也能为建筑群降温,通过独立管道中的水流来制冷。
And in Denmark, better known for its wind and its rain, district cooling provides, with a combination of heat pumps, wastewater and groundwater, cooling solutions for offices and homes.
在以风雨闻名的丹麦,区域性制冷综合利用热泵、废水、地下水,为办公室和住宅制冷。
And we can make roofs cool, too.
我们也能使屋顶降温。
The race is on for the brightest, whitest paint that reflects 98 percent of sunlight that hits its surface, much better than the 80 to 90 percent we achieve today.
关键在于造出最白最亮的涂料,就能反射 98%的太阳光,现在的屋顶涂料只能达到80% 至 90%的反射率。
And if not white then green.
如果不涂白,变绿也可以。
Green because they’re planted with gardens and vegetables, also contributing to the food that has to come from urban farming.
变绿指的是建造花园、种植蔬菜,这样城市农业也会有更多食物产出。
Roofing materials matter, too.
屋顶材料对降温也很重要。
In India, modular roofing panels made from paper and waste wood can reduce the temperatures by up to 10 degrees centigrade in the homes below.
印度的模块化屋顶板由纸和废弃木材做成,能为住宅降温,最多能降10℃。
And we can change windows, too.
我们还能更换窗户。
In the European Union, solar control glass is available that provides high daylight transmission, thermal insulation, transparency and low reflection.
在欧盟,阳光控制玻璃可用于制冷,白天透光度很好,有隔热性能,透明度佳,低反光。
Second, we need to make cooling hyperefficient.
其次,我们要提高制冷能效。
In the developed world, if you buy a high-end air conditioner today, it’s probably 25 to 50 percent more efficient than anything you could have bought 10 years ago.
在发达国家,你今天买到的高端空调比起10年前任何一台空调,能效都要高25%至50%。
Now we need every air conditioner for sale everywhere to be at least 50 percent more efficient than the most efficient air conditioner on the market today.
我们需要全世界出售的每一台空调,能效比现在市面上最高能效的空调,再提高至少 50%。
It helps if we think of energy efficiency as our first fuel.
这需要我们将“能效”看作最主要的燃料。
That’s not the priority we give it in policy.
但现在的政策没有把能效列为重点。
We need much more of our economic activity to be covered by energy efficiency standards that are much tougher than today’s.
我们现在大部分的经济活动都应该遵循比现在更严格的能效标准。
Radical efficiency is important for heating too.
高能效对制热也至关重要。
Heating accounts for most emissions from building, but emissions from cooling are the fastest rising.
大部分的建筑排放都来自制热,但制冷产生的排放量也极速上升。
So we need much more synergy between heating and cooling.
所以更需要制冷和制热系统的协同合作。
Remember the alley behind the convenience store?
记得之前说过的便利店后的小巷吗?
High-efficiency energy pumps will be solutions for both.
这两个问题,高效节能泵都可以解决。