Why is sexual harassment so pervasive and so hard to address? Let's interrogate the whole system.
为什么性骚扰如此普遍且难以解决?让我们来审视下整个制度。
Hi, my name is Jodi Kantor, I'm an investigative reporter for the New York Times.
大家好,我是乔迪·坎特,我是《纽约时报》的调查记者。
What have you got?
你得到了什么消息?
I was told that the wrongdoing in Hollywood is overwhelming.
我被告知,在好莱坞,这种不道德的行为很普遍。
I don't wanna be quoted, period.
我不想被引用,就这样。
Understood.
理解。
In your previous stories, how did you persuade women to tell you what had happened to them?
在你之前的报道中,你是如何说服女性和你讲她们的遭遇的?
The case I made was, I can't change what happened to you in the past, but together we may be able to help protect other people. The truth, basically.
我给出的理由是,我不能改变过去发生在你身上的事,但我们也许一起能帮助保护其他人。也就是要说出真相。
What is it exactly that we're looking at here?
我们在这里看到的到底是什么?
These young women walked into what they all had reason to believe were business meetings.
这些年轻女性出席了一个她们都有理由相信是商务会议的地方。
I can still see it, the hotel room, the floor plan. He kept trying to touch me.
我还能看到,酒店房间,平面图。他一直想摸我。
I asked him to leave me alone.
我让他离我远点。
Instead they say he met them with threats and sexual demands.
但是她们说,他会以威胁并提出性要求。
I was young, scared.
我当时很年轻,很害怕。
Hi.
嗨。
We're from the New York Times. I believe you used to work for Harvey Weinstein.
我们是《纽约时报》的。我相信你曾经为哈维·韦恩斯坦工作过。
People have tried to write this story before, he kills it every time.
以前有人试过写这篇报道,但他每次都压了下来。
Harvey adamantly denies any allegation of assault.
哈维坚决否认任何性侵指控。
He played people. He was a master manipulator.
他玩弄别人。他是个操纵大师。
Will you give me just one chance to talk to you?
你能给我一次跟你谈谈的机会吗?
Are you sure that this isn't just young women who wanna sleep with a movie producer to try to get ahead?
你确定不是那些年轻女性想和电影制片人上床以获得成功吗?
This is bigger than Weinstein. This is about the system protecting abusers.
问题不仅仅是一个韦恩斯坦。问题在于这制度在保护施虐者。
The women who received these settlements, they can't speak out, they'll be sued if they do, but if someone could speak freely about the payouts.
收到这些和解协议的女性,她们不能发声,如果她们发声了,她们会被起诉,但如果有人能坦诚谈论这笔钱的话。
What payouts, John?
什么钱,约翰?
You have to imagine that every call you make is being recorded and you're being followed.
你必须要想象一下,你打的每一个电话都被录音,你本人也被跟踪。
Can you imagine how many Harveys there are out there?
你能想象外面有多少哈维吗?
You want to get me killed?
你想害死我?
Do you wish you hadn't signed up for this story? Do you? No.
你有没有后悔参与这篇报道?你呢?我不后悔。
The only way these women are gonna go on the record.
唯一能让这些女人公开露面的办法。
Is if they all jump together.
就是让他们一起来揭露。
We're all here, Harvey.
我们都来了,哈维。
Who have you talked to?
你和谁谈过?
I have three daughters and I don't want them to ever accept abuse or bullying. I'll go on the record.
我有三个女儿,我不希望她们接受虐待或欺凌。我要公开声明。
Go write. It's time to write.
去写下来。是时候写下来了。
This is all gonna come out.
这些都会公之于众的。
I was silenced. I want my voice back.
我曾经被噤声了。但现在,我想恢复我的声音。