手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 冰与火之歌 > 冰与火之歌之冰雨的风暴 > 正文

第90期:权力的游戏冰雨的风暴 提利昂(01)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Tyrion

提利昂

The eunuch was humming tunelessly to himself as he came through the door, dressed in flowing robes of peachcolored silk and smelling of lemons.

太监穿着宽松的粉红丝袍,哼着不成调的小曲走过房门,浑身散发出柠檬的味道。

When he saw Tyrion seated by the hearth, he stopped and grew very still.

他看见提利昂坐在火炉边,吃了一惊,顿时停下。

"My lord Tyrion," came out in a squeak, punctuated by a nervous giggle.

“提利昂大人,”他尖声说,一边神经质地咯咯笑。

"So you do remember me? I had begun to wonder."

“这么说你还记得我?真让人意想不到。”

"It is so very good to see you looking so strong and well."

“看到您如此强壮健康,实在是太好了。”

Varys smiled his slimiest smile.

瓦里斯的微笑极尽阿谀奉承之能事。

"Though I confess, I had not thought to find you in mine own humble chambers."

“但我得承认,没想到会在自个儿陋室里碰见您。”

"They are humble. Excessively so, in truth."

“的确是陋室,陋得有些夸张。”

Tyrion had waited until Varys was summoned by his father before slipping in to pay him a visit.

提利昂专等父亲传唤瓦里斯之后,才悄悄溜进来。

The eunuch's apartments were sparse and small, three snug windowless chambers under the north wall.

太监的住处位于北城墙下,小而局促,仅包括三间紧凑的无窗房间。

"I'd hoped to discover bushel baskets of juicy secrets to while away the waiting, but there's not a paper to be found."

“我本希望找到几大桶有趣的秘密,却连一张纸都没发现。”

He'd searched for hidden passages too, knowing the Spider must have ways of coming and going unseen, but those had proved equally elusive.

八爪蜘蛛来来往往一定有秘密通道,可惜在这方面,他仍旧一无所获。

"There was water in your flagon, gods have mercy,"

“而且啊,诸神在上,你酒壶里装的居然是水,”

he went on, your sleeping cell is no wider than a coffin, and that bed… is it actually made of stone, or does it only feel that way?"

提利昂续道,“卧房不比棺材大,而床…它确实是石头做的呢,还是感觉上如此?”

Varys closed the door and barred it.

瓦里斯关门上栓。

"I am plagued with backaches, my lord, and prefer to sleep upon a hard surface."

“大人啊,背痛把我折磨得不行,非得睡硬东西。”

"I would have taken you for a featherbed man."

“我以为你是睡羽毛床的人。”

"I am full of surprises.

“这太令人惊讶了,

Are you cross with me for abandoning you after the battle?"

怎能这样误会我呢?难道您在生我的气?”

"It made me think of you as one of my family."

“哪里,我说了,我当你是我的血亲骨肉一般地信赖。”

"It was not for want of love, my good lord.

“唉,尊敬的好大人,

I have such a delicate disposition, and your scar is so dreadful to look upon…"

黑水河之战后我躲在一边是有难处,您瞧,我的处境十分微妙,而您的疤痕又如此可怕…”

He gave an exaggerated shudder. "Your poor nose…"

他夸张地耸耸肩,“您那可怜的鼻子…”

Tyrion rubbed irritably at the scab.

提利昂恼火地揉揉伤疤。

"Perhaps I should have a new one made of gold.

“也许我该换个新鼻子,纯金打造。

What sort of nose would you suggest, Varys?

你有什么建议,瓦里斯?

One like yours, to smell out secrets?

我能不能装个像你那样可以嗅出秘密的鼻子?

Or should I tell the goldsmith that I want my father's nose?"

我能不能告诉金匠,照我父亲的鼻子打造?”

He smiled.

他笑笑。

"My noble father labors so diligently that I scarce see him anymore.

“我那高贵的父亲大人近来忠勤国事,鞠躬尽瘁,终日不见人影。

Tell me, is it true that he's restoring Grand Maester Pycelle to the small council?"

告诉我,他真的恢复了派席尔大学士的重臣席位?”

"It is, my lord."

“没错,大人。”

"Do I have my sweet sister to thank for that?"

“对此,我应该感谢我那亲爱的老姐?”

Pycelle had been his sister's creature;

派席尔是姐姐的爪牙,

Tyrion had stripped the man of office, beard, and dignity, and flung him down into a black cell.

提利昂剥夺了他的职位、尊严乃至胡须,并将他扔进黑牢。

"Not at all, my lord.

“并非如此,大人,

Thank the archmaesters of Oldtown,

这是由于旧镇的博士们的压力。

those who wished to insist on Pycelle's restoration on the grounds that only the Conclave may make or unmake a Grand Maester."

他们坚持派席尔必须复职,因为任免大学士应由枢机会决定。”

Bloody fools, thought Tyrion.

该死的蠢货们,提利昂心想,

"I seem to recall that Maegor the Cruel's headsman unmade three with his axe."

“记得残酷的梅葛用刽子手罢免了三个。”

"Quite true," Varys said.

“非常正确,”瓦里斯说,

"And the second Aegon fed Grand Maester Gerardys to his dragon."

“伊耿二世还把格拉底斯国师拿去喂龙。”

"Alas, I am quite dragonless.

“可惜啊,我没有龙,

I suppose I could have dipped Pycelle in wildfire and set him ablaze.

不过可以把派席尔浸到野火里面点燃,效果相差无几。

Would the Citadel have preferred that?"

对此,学城会怎么看呢?”

"Well, it would have been more in keeping with tradition."

“哎哟,别那么狠心,人家博士们也只是秉承传统嘛。”

The eunuch tittered.

太监窃笑。

"Thankfully, wiser heads prevailed, and the Conclave accepted the fact of Pycelle's dismissal and set about choosing his successor.

“其实,枢机会挺机灵的,早就接受了派席尔下台的既成事实,并着手选择继任者。

After giving due consideration to Maester Turquin the cordwainer's son and Maester Erreck the hedge knight's bastard,

起初,他们详细考量皮匠之子特奎因学士和流浪骑士的私生子艾瑞克学士,

and thereby demonstrating to their own satisfaction that ability counts for more than birth in their order,

好表明能力优先于出生,最后呢,定下的人选却是葛蒙学士,

the Conclave was on the verge of sending us Maester Gormon, a Tyrell of Highgarden.

高庭提利尔家族的成员。

When I told your lord father, he acted at once."

我把消息报告您父亲大人,他立即采取了行动。”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
exaggerated [ig'zædʒəreitid]

想一想再看

adj. 言过其辞的,夸大的 动词exaggerate的

 
knight [nait]

想一想再看

n. 骑士,爵士,武士 vt. 授以爵位

 
flowing ['fləuiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 流动的;平滑的;上涨的 v. 流动;起源;上涨

 
bastard ['bæstəd]

想一想再看

adj. 私生的,错误的,混蛋的 n. 私生子,混蛋

联想记忆
excessively [ik'sesivli]

想一想再看

adv. 过分地,过度地,非常地

 
snug [snʌg]

想一想再看

adj. 温暖舒适的,合身的,安全的 v. 使整洁干净,

联想记忆
humble ['hʌmbl]

想一想再看

adj. 卑下的,谦逊的,粗陋的
vt. 使

联想记忆
giggle ['gigl]

想一想再看

v. 吃吃地笑,格格地笑

联想记忆
elusive [i'lu:siv]

想一想再看

adj. 难懂的,难捉摸的,难记的,逃避的

联想记忆
confess [kən'fes]

想一想再看

v. 承认,告白,忏悔

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。