手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 名著精讲 > 《老人与海》 > 正文

004 夜间闲谈

编辑:Wendy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

"Eighty-five is a lucky number," the old man said.

“八十五是个吉利的数目,”老人说。

"How would you like to see me bring one in that dressed out over a thousand pounds?"

“你可想看到我逮住一条去掉了下脚有一千多磅重的鱼?”

"I'll get the cast net and go for sardines. Will you sit in the sun in the doorway?"

“我拿鱼网捞沙丁鱼去。你坐在门口晒晒太阳可好?”

"Yes. I have yesterday's paper and I will read the baseball."

“好吧。我有张昨天的报纸,我来看看棒球消息。”

The boy did not know whether yesterday's paper was a fiction too.

孩子不知道昨天的报纸是不是也是虚构的。

But the old man brought it out from under the bed.

但是老人把它从床下取出来了。

"Perico gave it to me at the bodega," he explained.

“佩里科在杂货铺里给我的,”他解释说。

"I'll be back when I have the sardines.

“我弄到了沙丁鱼就回来。

I'll keep yours and mine together on ice and we can share them in the morning.

我要把你的鱼跟我的一起用冰镇着,明儿早上就可以分着用了。

When I come back you can tell me about the baseball."

等我回来了,你告诉我棒球消息。”

"The Yankees cannot lose." "But I fear the Indians of Cleveland."

“扬基队不会输。”“可是我怕克利夫兰印第安人队会赢。”

"Have faith in the Yankees my son. Think of the great DiMaggio."

“相信扬基队吧,好孩子。别忘了那了不起的迪马吉奥。”

"I fear both the Tigers of Detroit and the Indians of Cleveland."

“我担心底特律老虎队,也担心克利夫兰印第安人队。”

"Be careful or you will fear even the Reds of Cincinnati and the White Sox of Chicago."

“当心点,要不然连辛辛那提红队和芝加哥白短袜队,你都要担心啦。”

"You study it and tell me when I come back."

“你好好的看报,等我回来了给我讲讲。”

"Do you think we should buy a terminal of the lottery with an eighty-five?

“你看我们该去买张末尾是八五的彩票吗?

Tomorrow is the eighty-fifth day."

明儿是第八十五天。”

"We can do that," the boy said.

“这样做行啊,”孩子说。

"But what about the eighty-seven of your great record?"

“不过你上次创纪录的是八十七天,这怎么说?”

"It could not happen twice. Do you think you can find an eighty-five?"

“这种事儿不会再发生。你看能弄到一张末尾是八五的吗?”

"I can order one."

“我可以去订一张。”

"One sheet. That's two dollars and a half. Who can we borrow that from?"

“订一张。这要两块半。我们向谁去借这笔钱呢?”

'That's easy. I can always borrow two dollars and a half."

“这个容易。我总能借到两块半的。”

"But I think perhaps I can too. But I try not to borrow.

“我看没准儿我也借得到。不过我不想借钱。

First you borrow. Then you beg."

第一步是借钱。下一步就要讨饭啰。”

"Keep warm old man," the boy said. "Remember we are in September."

“穿得暖和点,老大爷,”孩子说。“别忘了,我们这是在九月里。”

"The month when the great fish come," the old man said. "Anyone can be a fisherman in May."

“正是大鱼露面的月份,”老人说。“在五月里,人人都能当个好渔夫的。”

"I go now for the sardines," the boy said.

“我现在去捞沙丁鱼,”孩子说。

When the boy came back the old man was asleep in the chair and the sun was down.

等孩子回来的时候,老人在椅子上熟睡着,太阳已经下去了。

The boy took the old army blanket off the bed and spread it over the back of the chair and over the old man's shoulders.

孩子从床上捡起一条旧军毯,铺在椅背上,盖住了老人的双肩。

They were strange shoulders, still powerful although very old, and the neck was still strong too

这两个肩膀挺怪,人非常老迈了,肩膀却依然很强健,脖子也依然很壮实,

and the creases did not show so much when the old man was asleep and his head fallen forward.

而且当老人睡着了,脑袋向前耷拉着的时候,皱纹也不大明显了。

His shirt had been patched so many times that it was like the sail and the patches were faded to many different shades by the sun.

他的衬衫上不知打了多少次补丁,弄得象他那张帆一样,这些补丁被阳光晒得褪成了许多深浅不同的颜色。

The old man's head was very old though and with his eyes closed there was no life in his face.

老人的头非常苍老,眼睛闭上了,脸上就一点生气也没有。

The newspaper lay across his knees and the weight of his arm held it there in the evening breeze.

报纸摊在他膝盖上,在晚风中,靠他一条胳臂压着才没被吹走。

He was barefooted.

他光着脚。

The boy left him there and when he came back the old man was still asleep.

孩子撇下老人走了,等他回来时,老人还是熟睡着。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
baseball ['beis.bɔ:l]

想一想再看

n. 棒球

联想记忆
spread [spred]

想一想再看

v. 伸展,展开,传播,散布,铺开,涂撒
n.

 
fiction ['fikʃən]

想一想再看

n. 虚构,杜撰,小说

联想记忆
cast [kɑ:st]

想一想再看

v. 投,掷,抛,铸造,丢弃,指定演员,加起来,投射(目

 
lottery ['lɔtəri]

想一想再看

n. 彩票

联想记忆
terminal ['tə:minl]

想一想再看

n. 终端机,终点,终点站,末端
adj. 末

联想记忆
blanket ['blæŋkit]

想一想再看

n. 毛毯,覆盖物,排字版
vt. 用毯子裹,

 
doorway ['dɔ:wei]

想一想再看

n. 门口

 

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 001 一条鱼也没打到 2024-08-05
  • 002 饭店谈心 2024-08-05
  • 003 回到窝棚 2024-08-09
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。