Welcome to Storyline Online,
欢迎来到《明星为你读绘本》,
Brought to you by the SAG-AFTRA Foundation
由SAG-AFTRA基金会为您呈现。
I’m Da’Vine Joy Randolph,
我是达明·乔伊·伦道夫,
And today, I’m going to read Fresh Juice
今天我要读的是《新鲜果汁》,
Written and illustrated by Robert Liu-Trujillo.
作者和插画师是罗伯特·李尤-特鲁希略。
On Saturday morning, Art says, “Daddy, can we go to the park today?”
周六早上,阿特说:“爸爸,今天咱们能去公园吗?”
“I’m all stuffed up,” Daddy grumbles.
“我的鼻子堵住了,”爸爸低声抱怨,
“I’m still not over this cold.”
“我感冒还没好。”
“We should make some sick-fighting juice to help you feel better,” Art tells him.
“那我们应该做一些治感冒的果汁,让你舒服一点。”阿特对爸爸说。
Daddy opens the refrigerator.
爸爸打开冰箱。
“We’re all out of fresh food for our juice.
“做果汁的新鲜水果都吃完了。
Guess we need to see our friends at the farmers’ market.”
我们得去农贸市场的朋友那里买水果了。”
“Maybe they’ll have ginger,”Art says.
“或许他们有姜,”阿特说,
“My teacher says the stuff in it kills germs.
“老师说姜里的物质能杀死细菌。
Daddy, do you think we’ll see Mama and Dhillon at the market?”
爸爸,你说我们在市场会看到妈妈和迪伦吗?”
“Maybe. They live close by.”
“可能吧,他们住得很近。”
Art and Daddy get off downtown and walk toward the Saturday farmers’ market.
阿特和爸爸去了镇中心,向周六农贸市场走去。
It’s filled with people from all over the world selling fruits, vegetables, herbs, and other treasures.
市场里挤满了世界各地的人,卖的有水果、蔬菜、草药和各种奇珍异草。
At the first booth, Daddy asks,
在卖鱼摊,爸爸问道:
“Hey, Abbas! Do you have any ginger to fight a cold?”
“嘿,阿巴斯!你有治感冒的姜吗?”
Abbas replies, “No, but carrots are full of vitamins and minerals.
阿巴斯回答:“没有,但胡萝卜有很多维生素和矿物质。
They should help you feel better.”
胡萝卜也能让你好起来。”
“Okay, thanks,” Daddy says, passing over some money.
“好吧,谢谢。”爸爸说,并递给阿巴斯一些钱。
“Hi, Mrs. Johnson. Me and my dad need some ginger.
“嗨,约翰逊太太,我和爸爸需要一些姜。
Do you have any?” Art asks.
你有姜吗?”阿特问。
“No, but I have collard greens from my family’s farm,” she says.
“没有,但我有自家农场种的羽衣甘蓝。”她说。
“Do those help fight colds?” Art asks.
“这能治感冒吗?”阿特问。
“Sure, honey! My grandmother used to put greens in her soups, rice, everything.
“当然了,宝贝!我奶奶过去经常在汤啊、饭啊、各种菜里放一些绿叶菜。
Greens have lots of vitamins.”
绿叶菜有很多维生素。”
“All right, we’ll take a bunch,” Daddy says.
“那好,我们买一颗吧。”爸爸说。
“Any ginger today, Maribel?” Daddy asks.
“今天有姜吗,马里布?”爸爸问。
“I’m afraid not. But I have cayenne pepper from Mexico,” Maribel says.
“恐怕没有,但我有墨西哥产的红辣椒。”马里布说。
“Does that help with sick stuff?” Art asks.
“这能治病吗”阿特问。
“Kind of! It’s an antioxidant.
“也能吧,红辣椒是抗氧化的,
It’s like a superhero in your body that fights germs.”
就像身体里的超级英雄,能打败细菌。”
“Ooh, that sounds good for our juice!” Art says.
“哦,听起来很适合做果汁!”阿特说。
“Try the co-op for ginger,” Maribel adds.
“你们去合作社看看有没有姜吧。”马里布又说。
“Hi. We’re looking for ginger for a juice,” Daddy says at the co-op.
“嗨,我们想要姜做果汁。”爸爸在合作社说。
“I’m sorry, we ran out,” a woman replies.
“不好意思,卖完了。”一个女人回答,
Her name tag says Amy.
她的名牌显示她叫艾米,
“But try some apples; they’re good for juicing.
“试试苹果吧,苹果很适合做果汁。
Mr. Abiodun at the West African store usually has ginger.
西非商店的阿比奥登先生一般有姜。
Hurry, he closes early on Saturdays.”
你们要快点,他在星期六很早就关门了。”