Man:Today we welcome Elena Chan, Chief Executive of Adora, the retail outlet specialising in women's clothing, and home furniture.
今天,我们欢迎Adora的首席执行官埃琳娜·陈。Adora是一家专营女装和家俱的零售店。
Woman: Good morning.
早上好。
Man:Good morning Elena.
早上好,埃琳娜。
Now first of all, we've just heard in the financial news that Adora has had a disappointing season in the UK with a significant drop in sales.
首先,我们刚刚从财经新闻得知,本季Adora在英国的销售业绩不尽人意,销量大幅下降。
What do you think has caused that?
你认为是什么原因呢?
Woman:Well, people certainly aren't spending less, so I think you have to look for another reason.
恩,消费需求并没有减少,所以我认为你必须得找到一个理由。
In fact, in general, the price of clothing is going down, so the market is extremely competitive at all levels.
事实上,服装的价格总体在下降,所以各行各业的市场竞争都非常激烈。
At Adora, we offer high quality items with a higher price and some people say this pricing policy is responsible for the drop, but I don't believe that's so.
Adora的商品质量好,但价格也高,一些人说这种价格政策是导致价格下跌的原因,但我并不赞同。
Man:So what will your strategy be for this year?
那么你今年的销售策略是什么呢?
Woman:Well rather than aiming to increase sales, we'll be focussing on becoming more profitable.
我们的目标不是提高销售额,而是提高利润。
By reducing overheads, we think that will be possible.
我们认为减少开支这个方法是可行的。
Of course, we also want to maintain the quality of our products. There won't be any cuts there.
当然,我们也要保证产品的质量,不会有任何偷工减料的行为。