Man:I see. What sort of challenge will this bring in the future?
我明白了,未来的挑战是什么呢?
Woman:Well, previously our challenge was to develop our market share.
以前我们的挑战主要是在提高市场份额上。
Then we had to work on adapting our products to the customer.
后来,我们努力使产品面相客户。
What's important for our future success is to successfully predict what customers will want to purchase next so that our company can continue to grow.
未来要想成功,最重要的是能预测客户接下来的需求,这样我们的公司才能继续成长。
That's our major challenge now.
这是我们现在面临的主要挑战。
Man:Adora originally retailed only women's clothing.
最初,Adora只销售女装。
Why did you go into furniture?
为什么要转战家具领域呢?
Woman:Unlike many other clothing retailers, we've always produced our own materials rather than buying from cloth manufacturers.
与许多其它服装零售商不同,一直以来,我们不是从布料制造商那里购买,而是自己生产。
So it wasn't difficult to start producing things like curtains, or materials for chairs and sofas.
因此,开始生产窗帘、椅子和沙发的材料并不难。
If we were starting to do this today, we would try and spot business opportunities in the market, and then make detailed financial plans.
如果我们今天开始做,我们会试着在市场上发现商机,然后制定详细的财务计划。
But back then it just seemed to happen naturally, and fortunately it's been very successful.
但在当时,这似乎是自然而然的,幸运的是,该方法非常成功。
Man:And you now offer a design service for businesses as well.
现在你也为企业提供设计服务。
Woman:That's right. We create a professional image for companies, for example hotels, by offering a complete service from initial design, all the way to completion.
对的。我们通过为公司,例如酒店,提供从最初设计到完成的完整服务,来为它们打造专业形象,
Our reputation is the main factor for success in this area.
我们能在该领域取得成功,声誉是主要因素。
Clients recognise the fact that we're reliable.
客户相信我们。
That's probably more important than if we only saved them time and money.
这可能比我们在时间和金钱上的节省更重要。
Man:Elena, thank you for talking with us.
埃琳娜,谢谢你和我们谈话。
Woman:Thank you.
谢谢你!