Woman:I 'm very glad to introduce Mark Finch.
我很高兴向大家介绍马克·芬奇。
I 'm sure you 've all been looking forward to meeting such a well respected consultant.
我相信你们都盼望见到这样一位受人尊敬的顾问。
Before we take some other questions, could I begin by asking you what general advice you would give to people planning to start a new business?
在回答其它问题之前,我想先问一下,您对计划创业的人有什么一般性的建议?
Mark:Business is about three things.
商业就是三件事。
The first thing is people.
首先是人。
You need to make sure that you 're going to work with people who 've got the right attitude.
你需要确保你要和那些态度正确的人一起工作。
Commitment outweighs paper qualifications.
承诺重于文凭。
The second thing is money.
第二件事是钱。
You can read a lot of books about exactly how much capital you need to get you through the first couple of years, and so on,
你可以从很多书中了解到前几年到底需要多少资本,等等,
but how much that matters depends on which particular kind of business you 're going into.
但其重要性取决于你要从事的是哪一种特定的业务。
The third thing is time.
第三件事是时间。
Nothing is more vital than taking time to plan properly.
没有什么比花时间做好计划更重要的了。
Check out your idea with friends and contacts, look at your local competitors, study costs and prices.
告诉朋友和联系人你的想法,看看你在当地的竞争对手,学习费用和价格。
That's the most useful thing you can do.
这是你能做的最有用的事情。
Woman:I see.
我明白了。
Now, a lot of people worry about the dangers of business.
如今,许多人担心商业危险。
Mark:Business is not a safe world; it's full of risks.
商业不是一个避风港,它充满了风险。
It's always going to be a gamble.
一直以来,它就像是一场赌博。
You must be prepared to work long hours and to keep doing that until the business becomes successful,
你必须准备工作好长时间,并一直做下去,直至生意成功。
however long that might happen to take.
不管需要多长时间。
Even then you can not relax as, especially if you 're providing a service, you have to deal with the often very quick fluctuations in the market.
即使生意成功了,你也不能放松,尤其是当你在提供服务时,你必须应对市场上经常出现的快速波动。
Woman:Thank you.
谢谢你。
Now let's take a question from the audience.
现在让我们回答观众的一个问题。
Jane?
简?