And ... Which of the new titles shall we start with, Rachel?
雷切尔,我们从哪个新标题开始?
I do not know about you Nick, but I 've got most to say about The Career Adventurer.
尼克,我不知道你的情况,但关于《职业冒险家》,我有许多话要说。
The latest volume by Karen Ward.
这本书是卡伦·沃德的最新作品。
Yes, we could make that the title of our feature.
是的,我们可以让它成为我们的标题。
Absolutely, and the first thing worth commenting on is the catchy title.
当然,首先值得一提的是这个吸引人的标题。
It immediately grabs the attention.
它立即引起人们的注意。
It's not as if you can get many thrills once you actually get beyond the front cover though.
然而,一旦翻开封面,好像并没有很多的欣喜。
It's basically a workmanlike, step by-step guide to career planning.
它主要就是一个精巧的、循序渐进的职业规划指南。
At least it's a much lighter read than other volumes on career planning.
至少,这本书比其他职业规划书轻松多了。
Fair point.
说得好。
But there was certainly a mismatch between the initial expectations I had that were raised by the title, and what you actually get when you start reading.
最初对书名的期望和阅读时的实际收获之间确实不匹配。
Yeah, yeah, I would not disagree with that but I felt there were other greater letdowns in the book like the advice sections at the end of chapters.
是的,是的,我同意,但我觉得书中还有其他更大的败笔,比如章节末尾的建议部分。
Go on.
继续
Well, each chapter starts OK the first one on recruitment methods is potentially useful and there are noteworthy quotes in the case studies.
每章开头很好,第一章关于招聘方法的内容很有用,案例研究中有一些显著的引用。