I did think the author made an error of judgement in reproducing the Strong Interest Inventory for readers to try out.
我确实认为,作者在复制斯特朗兴趣量表供读者试用的判断上犯了错误。
That was the test developed at Stanford in the nineteen twenties.
这是20世纪20年代斯坦福大学开发的测试。
What I call the ' magazine test ' is infinitely simpler.
简单点说,就是“杂志测试”。
Oh what's that?
哦,“杂志测试”是什么?
You think what magazine you 're most likely to buy, and find a job in that field.
你认为你最有可能买什么杂志,然后找到与之相关的工作。
You 'll love it so much you 're bound to be successful. Right.
你会非常喜欢的,你一定会成功的。
Do you agree the paltry fourteen pounds ninety nine is a very reasonable price?
你同意微不足道的14.99英镑是非常合理的价格吗?
It's not paltry if you 're a student or are not in work although it is not so dear as to price students out of the market completely.
如果你是一名学生或者待业人士,这个价格虽然还没高到让学生完全退出市场的地步,但也不低。
And, unlike a lot of books of this type, it does not try to command a higher price by purporting to be an academic volume.
而且,与许多这类书籍不同的是,它并没有试图通过声称是一本学术著作而标价很高。
True.
是这样。
Would you buy it?
你会买吗?
Erm it's difficult I 've had to sit down and read the thing from cover to cover in a day,
嗯,这很困难,我不得不坐下来从头到尾读一天,
so my judgement's clouded.
所以我也不太清楚。
For me, this falls into the ' of minor interest ' category, and it's saved only by the well chosen case studies,
对我来说,这属于“小兴趣”范畴,出彩的部分只有精心挑选的案例研究,
which I suspect people will skip over most of each chapter to get to.
我想人们会跳过每章的大部分内容。
Possibly.
可能吧。