Man: Oh no. My magazine has a completely different subject from his -
没有。我的杂志和他的杂志有一个完全不同的主题,
we do both have the same sort of career-minded readers,
我们确实都有同样的有事业心的读者,
but they buy our magazines for completely different reasons:
但是读者会因完全不同的原因购买我们的杂志:
mine gives readers advice and help on how to look after themselves, how to keep fit.
我的杂志给读者提供建议,帮助他们照顾自己,如何保持健康。
Of course, this sometimes includes ideas about what to do at the weekend,
当然,这有时会包括一些关于周末要做什么的观点,
but his magazine is bought specifically by readers who want to know where to go and what to do in their free time -
但是购买他的杂志的是专门想知道他们在空闲时间要去哪里和做什么的人,
dates, places, costs, recommendations.
包括日期,地点,花费和建议。
Woman: Mm. And who do you have working for you?
你有什么人为你工作呢?
Do you ask your friends to write for the magazine?
你有请你的朋友为杂志写作吗?
Man: Actually, I love my family and friends but the people I need, and any business needs - to be successful,
事实上,我爱我的家人和朋友,但我需要的人,以及任何生意上的需要的人-是为了成功,
are those who really know what they're doing, with the qualifications, training, experience,
是那些真正知道自己在做什么的人,他们是有资格,受过培训,有经验的人,
the lot- not necessarily well-known people, just the ones who are good at the job.
很多人-不一定是名人,只是那些擅长这项工作的人。