Man 1: Mmm - OK how does the fruit get from grower to customer?
男1:嗯......好的了解了,那么猕猴桃是如何从种植者那里送到消费者手中的?
Man 2: Well, most kiwi is exported by sea though some is sent by air freight to Australia.
男2:嗯......大部分猕猴桃是通过海运出口的,也有些空运到澳大利亚。
The fruit comes into the ports by truck, after being packed by the growers at local packing stations.
猕猴桃由当地包装站的种植者包装好后,用卡车运到港口。
There is a plan for express rail transport in the future, which should speed things up a bit more.
未来有一个高速铁路运输计划,应该会更快一点。
Man 1: And after the fruit arrives at the ports?
男1:猕猴桃到港口以后呢?
Man 2: Well, it's stored on the ships in large wooden boxes.
男2:嗯......装在船上的大木箱里。
We send 50 million boxes out of the country on 80 ships - but that’s not enough!
我们用80艘船将5000万箱猕猴桃运向海外,但这还不够!
We’re quite happy with the design of the boxes, and we know we’ve got exactly the right temperature on board for the fruit - in other words, our technology isn’t a problem - we simply need more ships to be able to work as efficiently as we’d like to.
我们对箱子的设计非常满意,而且我们知道船上温度非常适合猕猴桃——换句话说,我们的技术没有问题——只要有增加船只,我们就能像希望的那样高效工作。
Man 1: And how do you see the future developing?
男1:那您如何看待未来的发展呢?
Man 2: Well, we hope to work out ways to send the fruit even more quickly to our export markets, to keep it as fresh as possible.
男2:嗯......我们希望找到能够更快地把猕猴桃送到出口市场的办法,以尽可能地保持新鲜。
Man 1: Mmm - well thank you, Peter.
男1:嗯......谢谢您,彼得。
One last question - is kiwi fruit popular in New Zealand?
最后一个问题-猕猴桃在新西兰国内市场受欢迎吗?
Man 2: Yes ... In fact it recently became the second biggest seller on the home market.
男2:受欢迎……事实上,猕猴桃最近已经成为国内市场第二大畅销产品。
It’s overtaken sales of pears - although it’ll be a while yet before we overtake apples.
其销量已经超过了梨——尽管还需要一段时间才能超过苹果。
But that’s OK of course, because all New Zealand fruit is delicious!
当然,这并不重要,因为所有新西兰的水果都很好吃!