Thank you for coming, everyone.
感谢大家的到来。
Today's presentation will show how we see the development of the motor car in the short to medium term.
今天的演讲将展示中短期内我们会看到汽车怎样的发展。
And that is why we have invited all of you here today.
这也是今天我们邀请大家来的原因。
Let's start with power.
我们从动力开始讲。
It's clear that petrol-driven engines have no future.
很清楚,汽油驱动的发动机是没有前途的。
Already there are many alternative fuel vehicles on the market, powered by anything from solar power to natural gas.
市场上已经有很多替代能源的车辆,由太阳能、天然气等提供动力。
Some independent thinkers have even produced cars that run on vegetable oil.
一些独立的思考者甚至已制造出由蔬菜油带动的汽车。
But as we all know, of all these alternative fuel vehicles, the most practical are electric vehicles.
但我们都知道,所有这些替代能源的车辆中,最实际的是电动车。
Sure, in the past electric vehicles have their problems, namely,
当然,电动车以前是有些问题,
a limited driving range and very few recharging points, which limited their use.
即行驶范围有限和充电地点很少,这些都限制了它的使用。
Now, however, recent developments in electric vehicle technology mean
不过现在,电动车技术的最新发展意味着
they can match conventional petrol engines in terms of performance and safety.
它们在性能和安全性方面都能比得上传统的汽油发动机。
Let's not forget that electric vehicles are cleaner.
我们不要忘了电动车更清洁。
Plus, importantly, the power source is rechargeable, so this does not involve using any valuable resources.
此外,重要的是能源是可再充电的,所以不会用到宝贵的资源。
Moving on to communications, very soon, cars will be linked to GPS satellites, so they'll do all the driving for you.
下面讲讲通讯的问题,汽车很快就将和全球卫星定位系统连接,所以能替你做开车的事。
What controls the main for the users will be audio-based,
用户将通过声音控制电源,
so, for example, you'll just have to say a bit warmer, and the air conditioning will adjust automatically.
例如你只需要说有点热,空调将会自动调整。
You'll also be able to receive e-mail, music and movies, all via an internet link.
你还能通过互联网接收电子邮件,听音乐,看电影。
So just type in the destination you want, sit back, sleep, watch a movie, whatever.
所以你只需输入你要去的目的地,向后靠着坐,睡觉,看电影,随便你做什么都行。