The general searched and searched but couldn't find anyone. It seemed that everyone had their own problems, and no one was truly happy.
将军找啊找,但一无所获。似乎每个人都有自己的烦恼,没有人是真的快乐。
Two days passed. Just as he was about to give up, he saw a poor man on the street. He was eating with his hands and singing happily to himself.
两天过去了。正当他准备放弃的时候,他在街上看到了一个穷人。他正在用手抓饭,还快乐地唱着歌。
The general went up to him.
将军走向他。
Hello! I'm the king's top general.
你好!我是国王的高级将领。
Hi, General. What can I do for you today?
你好,将军。有什么能为您做的呢?
I heard you singing just now, and you sound very happy.
我刚刚听到你在唱歌,听起来很快乐。
That's because I am happy.
那是因为我很快乐。
But I don't understand. What makes you so happy? You have no power, money or fame.
但是我不理解。是什么让你如此快乐呢?你既没权利,有没金钱与声望。
I have everything I want, and I don't want what I can't have. So I'm happy, and my song comes from the happiness in my heart.
想要的一切我都有,无法拥有的那些我也不想要。所以我很快乐,我的歌曲源自于内心的欢乐。
Then I need to give your shirt to the king. Is it there in your bag? How much do you want for it?
那么我需要把你的衬衫献给国王。衬衫在你包里吗?你想要多少钱?
Shirt? What shirt? I don't own any shirts!
衬衫?什么衬衫?我根本就没有衬衫!