Conversation Two
对话二
Listen to the conversation, mark each question as A, B, C or D according to what you hear.
听对话,根据对话内容选出最佳答案,并将答案的标号A,B,C,D写在答题纸上的相应位置。
Good afternoon, Davidson’s Plumbing.
下午好,戴维森管道公司。
Hold the line, please.
请稍等。
Sorry to have kept you waiting.
对不起,让你久等了。
Can I help you?
我能为你做点什么?
Yes. Is that Davidson’s Plumbing?
是的。是戴维森管道公司吗?
Yes, it is.
是的。
I’d like a plumber to come look at my toilet, please.
我想请一个水管工来看看我的马桶。
It seems to be blocked.
马桶好像堵了。
But our plumber is out working and he may not be able to make it there until tomorrow. Is that OK?
但是我们的水管工出去工作了,他可能要到明天才有时间。可以吗?
Not really. We’re in a fix because we’ve only got one toilet. Is it possible for him to come sooner?
不可以。我们麻烦了,因为我们只有一个厕所。他能早点来吗?
Mm. It’s not likely, I’m sorry. He’s completely tied up with appointments all day...but look, if you’ d like to hang on a minute, I’ll try to get in touch with him and see if he has a moment to spare.
嗯。不太可能,对不起。他整天都忙得不可开交……不过,如果你愿意等一会儿,我会试着联系他,看看他是否有空。
OK. Thank you.
好的。谢谢。
Hello...Well, you’re in luck. He’s had a good run with his work today and his last appointment was called off, so he can fit you in at about 5 o’clock.
你好......你很幸运。他今天工作很顺利,最后一个预约取消了,所以他可以在5点左右去你家修水管。
Oh, great! Could you give me a rough idea of the cost?
哦,太好了!你能告诉我大概的费用吗?
No, sorry, not until he sorts out the cause of the problem, but don’t worry, he’ll fill you in on the cost before he goes ahead with the work.
不,对不起,要等到他找出问题的原因(才能知道费用),不过别担心,他在继续工作之前会告诉你费用的。
OK. Thanks very much for your help.
好的。非常感谢你的帮助。
You’re welcome. Could I have your name and address, please?
不客气。请告诉我你的姓名和地址好吗?
Yes, it’s Mr. Ford.
是的,我是福特先生。
Sorry, I didn’t catch that. Did you say Sword?
对不起,我没听清楚。你刚才说的是Sword吗?
No. Ford. F for father, —O—R—D.
不是的。Ford。father中的F,—O—R—D。