Thank you very much.
非常感谢。非常感谢。
Thank you, Dr. Johnson.
谢谢你,约翰逊博士。
Well, it is really great to be back at university again.
嗯,再次回到大学真是太好了。
The thing that I wanted to tell you today is this: Education is important.
今天我想告诉你们的是:教育很重要。
When I came to the US, I was only thinking about being a carpenter, but I could not read the newspaper.
我刚来到美国的时候,我只想成为一名木匠,但是我读不懂报纸。
And I could not understand the news on television or movies or anything like this.
我看不懂电视或电影之类的新闻。
So, I entered the city college to take English classes for foreign students.
所以,我进入了城市学院上为外国学生准备的英语课。
I was very proud that I was going to a college because no one in my family ever went to any college or to any university.
我很自豪我要上大学,因为我家里没有人上过大学。
You know, when you’re 15 years old in my country, you finish school and then you learn a trade.
你知道,在我的国家,当你15岁时,你完成学业,然后学习一门手艺。
And that’s exactly what I did.
我就是这么做的。
When I was 15 years old, I learned how to be a carpenter.
当我15岁的时候,我学会了如何成为一个木匠。
A year later, I came to America.
一年后,我来到了美国。
Luckily, I met a very good teacher who encouraged me to take some math classes, business classes, and history classes, and I became a full-time college student.
幸运的是,我遇到了一位非常好的老师,他鼓励我上一些数学课、商科课和历史课,我成了一名全日制大学生。
And today, when I look back, I’m so happy because you never know where life will take you.
幸运的是,我遇到了一位非常好的老师,他鼓励我上一些数学课、商科课和历史课,我成了一名全日制大学生。
All of a sudden, I started making money because I was really good at math.
突然间,我开始赚钱了,因为我数学很好。
You know, how work out everything with math is so important.
你知道,用数学来解决所有问题是多么重要。
This is something that I learned when I started my own business, which is doing really well.
这是我创业时学到的东西,我的生意做得很好。