Video Message by United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres for the Lunar New Year
联合国秘书长安东尼奥·古特雷斯春节视频致辞
28 January 2022
2022年1月28日
Chun Jie Kuai Le!
春节快乐!
Happy Lunar New Year.
祝大家农历新年好。
I'm pleased to send you my warmest greetings as we begin the Year of the Tiger.
在喜迎虎年到来之际,我高兴地向大家致以最热情的问候。
The tiger denotes strength, vitality, courage, tenacity, and boldness.
老虎象征着力量强大、生气勃勃、勇气十足、坚韧不拔、果敢无畏。
These are qualities we need as we face the unprecedented challenges of the day.
这些都是我们今天面对前所未有之挑战所需要的品质。
I thank China and the Chinese people for your commitment to multilateralism and to the United Nations.
我感谢中方和中国人民对多边主义和联合国的投入与支持。
I count on your continuous support and cooperation to advance Our Common Agenda and to realize our shared hopes for a peaceful and sustainable future.
我坚信你们将继续提供支持并开展合作,推进我们的共同议程,实现我们对和平与可持续未来的共同愿景。
To do that, we must take concrete action to address real issues in front of us such as climate change and the COVID-19 pandemic.
为达成这些目标,我们必须采取具体行动解决所面对的实际问题,包括气候变化,也包括新冠疫情。
Together, we must recover and build forward better.
各国人民必须携手鼎力实现恢复,建设更美好的未来。
Soon, I will attend the opening of the Beijing Winter Olympics.
我即将出席北京冬奥会开幕式。
The Olympic spirit shines as a beacon to human solidarity and I look forward to safe and successful Games.
奥林匹克精神是人类团结的灯塔,我期待冬奥会安全举行并圆满成功。
As the Lunar New Year begins, I wish you and your families prosperity, health and happiness in the Year of the Tiger.
虎年伊始,祝阖家兴旺发达、身体健康、幸福美满!
Xie Xie! Thank You!
谢谢!