Yang Li: (Slurp) Mmm... nice noodles, Diarmuid! 嗯……圣保罗,面条真好吃!
Diarmuid: You like them Yang Li? 杨丽,你喜欢吃吗?
Yang Li: Yes, they're so delicious! 是的,它们太美味了。
Diarmuid: I'm glad you like them, Li. But today on Authentic Real English, we're going to introduce our listeners to another word which can be used to describe your noodles: yummy. 很高兴你喜欢吃,丽。但是今天我们地道英语节目要学习另外一个形容面条好吃的词:yummy。
Yang Li: Yummy?
Diarmuid: Yes, yummy: Y.U.M.M.Y.
Yang Li: 我相信每个同学都知道好吃的 delicious 这个形容词,但是我注意到,在英国人们更喜欢用 yummy 这个词来表示同样的意思,也就是好吃的、可口的。 Mind if I have some more Diarmuid? 圣保罗,我还能再来点吗?
Diarmuid: Sure, go ahead, plenty of noodles. 当然,再来点,还有很多面条呢。
Yang Li: Mmm, (slurp) yummy. 嗯,好吃。
Examples
A: We ate out at that Thai restaurant last night. 昨天晚上我们在泰国餐厅吃饭了。
B: Oh how was that? 怎么样?
A: I had Thai green curry, it was yummy! 我尝了泰国的青咖喱,很好吃!
A: Have you tried Jim's birthday cake? 你吃过吉米的生日蛋糕吗?
B: Yes, it's so yummy! 吃了,很美味!
Diarmuid: So there we go: yummy, a useful word for describing food. It's not as formal as the word delicious, but it's not rude to say it. 所以,yummy是一个用来形容食物的很有用的词。它没有delicious这个词那么正式,但是也不是粗话。
Yang Li: 是的。Yummy 这个并不是粗话,只不过比较随便,常常用于熟悉的朋友之间。
Diarmuid: Remember, you'll find a lot more useful phrases and expressions on our website, which is: 记住,你会在我们网站上找到更多更有用的词组和表达。
Yang Li: www.bbcukchina.com.
Diarmuid: Yes, well I think I'll have a little bowl of those noodles now, I'm starving. 是的,我想吃一小碗的面条了,我有点饿了。
Yang Li: Err, actually Diarmuid... 额,事实上,圣保罗……
Diarmuid: You've finished them? 你刚才的都吃完了?
Yang Li: Yes, sorry, they were just so yummy. 是的,抱歉,它们太好吃了。
Diarmuid: Oh well, you'll just have to cook next time. Bye for now. 哦,你得下次重新做了。下次再见。