Old Town
旧城
After consulting their guidebook, Kathy and Evan decide to visit Old Town, the oldest section of Stockholm.
凯西和艾凡查阅旅游指南后,决定去参观斯德哥尔摩最老旧的城区─旧城。
E:This is right up my alley. A whole medieval town in its original condition.
艾凡:这正合我的胃口。一整座原始风貌的中古城镇。
K:Leave it to you to get off on ancient buildings. Me? I like the modern world better.
凯西:只有你才会喜欢那些古老的建筑。我呢?我比较喜欢现代化的世界。
E:Come on, Kathy. You know I like the modern world, too,
艾凡:拜托,凯西。你知道我也喜欢现代化的世界,
but I really appreciate knowing how people used to live and what their lives were like.
但是我也很想知道古时候的人如何过日子,他们的生活情形是什么样子。
K:I have to admit that I'm a little interested in it, too. This Old Town is very well kept up.
凯西:我得承认我也有点儿感兴趣。这座旧城保存得很好。
E:It's protected against development by the Swedish government.
艾凡:这区在瑞典政府保护下是不准开发的。
K:And yet some parts of downtown look so space-age new.
凯西:但有些在市区的部分看起来却极为新潮。
E:See? You can have your cake and eat it, too!
艾凡:懂了吧?鱼与熊掌是可以兼得的!
K:Ha ha! Yeah. Anyway, what's that building?
凯西:哈哈!没错。不管怎样,那栋建筑物是什么?
E:That's their House of Lords.
艾凡:那是他们的上议院。
K:And that one?
凯西:那么那栋呢?
E:That's the Royal Palace. Quite a building, isn't it?
艾凡:那是皇宫。很了得的建筑物,不是吗?
K:I'll say. Can we go see it?
凯西:我同意。我们可以去参观吗?
E:Sure. But we need more time. We'll have dinner here in Old Town and come back tomorrow to see the Royal Palace.
艾凡:当然可以。但是我们需要多一点时间才行。我们在旧城这里吃晚餐,明天再回来参观皇宫。