Unpleasant Surprise
令人不悦的意外
Back at the hostel, Kathy makes an unpleasant discovery.
凯西回旅社后发现了一件令人不悦的事。
K:Would you hand me my pocketbook, please, Evan?
凯西:艾凡,麻烦你把我的钱包拿给我,好吗?
E:Sure. Er, where is it?
艾凡:没问题。呃,在哪儿?
K:On the bed.
凯西:在床上。
E:No wonder I couldn't find it! It's buried under a mound of your clothes.
艾凡:难怪我找不到!原来是埋在你一大堆衣服底下。
K:OK, OK. I get the hint. I should hang up my clothes in the closet. You sound just like my mother.
凯西:好啦,好啦。我听懂你的暗示了。我应该把我的衣服挂在衣橱里。你说话的语气就像我老妈。
E:I just think you could be a little neater; that's all. Anyway, here's your pocketbook.
艾凡:我只是认为你可以更有条理些,如此而已。不管怎样,这是你的钱包。
K:I want to check through my things. We'll be going back to New York soon, and I want to make sure I've got everything.
凯西:我想检查一下我的东西。我们马上就要回纽约了,我想确定每样东西都在。
E:That's a good idea. I'll check my wallet, too.
艾凡:主意不错。我也来检查我的皮夹子。
K:Gee, it was here a few days ago.
凯西:咦,它前几天还在这儿的。
E:Is anything missing?
艾凡:有东西不见了吗?
K:I must have put it in something else.
凯西:我一定把它放到别的东西里面去了。
E:What's missing?
艾凡:什么东西不见了?
K:I can't find my passport!
凯西:我找不到我的护照!
E:Oh, no! This is really bad. What are we going to do?
艾凡:哦,糟了!这下可惨了。我们要怎么办呢?
K:Well, let's not panic. If it doesn't show up, we'll have to go to the American Embassy.
凯西:嗯,咱们不要惊慌。如果找不到的话,就只好到美国大使馆去了。