Welcome to English in a Minute, where we teach you all about idioms in American English.
欢迎收听《一分钟英语》,在这里我们将教授您一些美式俚语。
Let's pretend you are in a major U.S. city.
想象一下你现在位于美国的某个大都市:
You are listening to an American English conversation, and you hear this:
你听到了一段美语对话:
Hey, Bob. Ever since you opened your coffee shop, you have been very busy.
嘿,Bob。自从你开了咖啡店以后,你很忙了。
Is the business going well and making money?
生意还好么,赚钱了么?
Yeah! I can't believe it. It's going really well.
当然!我都无法相信。生意很顺利。
In fact, my coffee shop has become a real cash cow for me.
事实上,咖啡店变成我真正的摇钱树。(cash cow)
How does a cow produce cash?
奶牛怎么能产生钱呢?
Everyone knows cows make milk.
我们都是到奶牛是产奶的。
But in American English, a "cash cow" is a product or service that makes a lot of money for a business.
但是在美语中,“现金牛”(cash cow)是指一种产品或者服务,能够赚取丰厚的资金。
This common phrase is used in casual and business conversations.
在日常生活和商业环境中,该短语都很常见。
And when you use it, everyone will understand what you are saying.
当你使用时,大家都能明白你的意思。
And that's English in a Minute.
以上就是本期的《一分钟英语》。