Welcome to English in a Minute, where we teach you all about idioms in American English.
欢迎收听《一分钟英语》,在这里我们将教授您一些美式俚语。
Imagine you are standing outside after a rain storm, and you take a deep breath.
想象你自己站在雨后的室外,深吸一口气。
Its new, fresh, and it smells good.
空气很新鲜,好闻极了。
But what does this have to do with American English?
但是这和美语有什么关系呢?
I love the new baseball coach.
我喜欢新的棒球教练。
He's got great ideas for making us better players.
他的训练方法很好,能把我们训练成更好的棒球手。
He does. He's like a breath of fresh air for the team.
确实是的。他就像是棒球队的一股新鲜空气,让棒球队耳目一新。
"A breath of fresh air" means something new.
“新鲜空气”(A breath of fresh air)是用来形容新事物的。
It's a nice change from the way things used to be.
这是一种很好的改变。
You can use this phrase to describe an event, a place, or even a person.
你可以用这个短语去形容一件事,一个地方,甚至是一个人。
And you can use this phrase in any situation.
你可以把这个短语用在任何场合。
And that's English in a Minute.
以上就是本期的《一分钟英语》。