2.实用对话
Expressing Dislike表示不喜欢
Waiter: What would you like to eat, sir?
服务员:先生,您想吃点什么?
Customer: I don't really see anything I like. Is this all there is, or do you have a special tonight?
顾客:我没看到什么喜欢的。所有的菜都写在上面了吗?你们今晚有特色菜吗?
Waiter: I'm afraid that's it. I could suggest the lobster and it is really very good.
服务员:我恐怕就这么多了。我建议您吃龙虾,味道很不错。
Customer: That does sound good, but I really only like oysters. Do you serve them here?
顾客:听上去可以,不过我只喜欢吃牡蛎。你们这儿有吗?
Waiter: No, I'm afraid not. How about trying our broiled fish?
服务员:恐怕没有。尝尝我们这儿的烤鱼怎么样?
Customer: I'm not really a fan of fish. In fact, I don't really care for it at all. What else could you suggest?
顾客:我可不是什么鱼肉的爱好者。其实,我根本就不喜欢。还有其他可推荐的吗?
Waiter: Maybe something a little simpler, such as the soup and salad, then? And maybe a little dessert afterwards.
服务员:那就来点儿简单的吧,比如汤和沙拉怎么样?稍后还可以来点儿甜点。
Customer: What kind of soup?
顾客:有什么汤?
Waiter: Three today: cream of chicken or mushroom or a good old-fashioned vegetable soup.
服务员:今天有三种汤、有奶油鸡汁汤、蘑菇汤和好喝的老式蔬菜汤。
Customer: I'm not fussy about cream soups, but the vegetable sounds delicious.
顾客:我对奶油汤倒是不挑剔,不过蔬菜汤听起来更美味一点儿。
Waiter: Vegetable soup then.
服务员:那么就来蔬菜汤吧。
Customer: Yes. Thanks.
顾客:好的。谢谢。