13. Fighting a Ticket in Court (1)
13.在法庭上为罚单而战(1)
A: Your Honour, I'd like to challenge this ticket.
A:阁下,我想质疑这张罚单。
B: What is your reason for challenging this ticket?
B:你质疑这张罚单的理由是什么?
A: The police officer did not have the right to issue the ticket.
A:警察没有权利开这张罚单。
B: Can you explain what you mean with that statement?
B:你能解释一下你这句话的意思吗?
A: I was rightfully parked. He told me that I was parked in a handicap space.
A:我正确的停车。他告诉我我停在了一个不利空间。
B: Well, was it a handicap space?
B:好吧,那是个不利空间吗?
A: It used to be. It is not anymore.
A:过去曾是。现在不再是了。
B: Well, was there a sign letting you know it was a handicap space?
B:好吧,那里有标志提醒你是个不利空间吗?
A: No, because the spot has since been removed.
A:没有,因为标志被挪走了。
B: So, did you explain to the officer that it was no longer a handicap space.
B:那么,你有向警官解释这里不再是不利空间吗?
A: I tried, but he wouldn't listen. He said I was trying to get away from paying.
A:我试过,但是他没有听。他说我在试图逃掉罚单。
B: Thank you. I will question the officer, and get his side of the story.
B:谢谢你。我会问询警官,听听他怎么说。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习和交流使用,未经允许不得转载