14. Fighting a Ticket in Court (2)
14.在法庭上为罚单而战(2)
A: I can't pay for the ticket.
A:我不能付罚单。
B: Why can't you pay for the ticket?
B:你为什么不能付罚单?
A: Well, I just got laid off from my job.
A:好吧,我刚刚下岗。
B: Okay, Mr. Richardson. I'm going to give you an alternative.
B:好吧,理查森先生。我要给你另一个选择。
A: What do you mean?
A:你是什么意思?
B: I am going to have to give you 36 hours of community service.
B:我将让你做36小时的社区服务。
A: Thank you for the opportunity, Your Honor.
A:谢谢您给我的机会,阁下。
B: You will report to the nearest community service center.
B:你会到最近的社区服务中心报到。
A: They will tell me where to go?
A:他们会告诉我去哪?
B: Yes, they will give you an option of places to go.
B:是的,他们会让你选择去哪。
A: Thank you, Your Honour. I greatly appreciate it.
A:谢谢你,阁下。我非常感激。
B: You're welcome. I hope you don't plan on returning to this courtroom anytime soon.
B:不客气。我希望你近期内不会再回到这间审判室。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习和交流使用,未经允许不得转载