视频文本如下:
Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
Wiggle room sounds like a place you go to wiggle.
Wiggle room听起来像是你用来扭动身体的地方。
Wiggle Room
回旋余地
Hey, if you're going camping this weekend,let Mark know by tomorrow.
嘿,如果这周末你计划去露营,那么在明天之前告诉马克。
He needs to know how many cabins to rent.
他需要知道出租多少木屋。
I'm still not sure if I'm going.
我还不确定是否去。
I like camping.
我喜欢露营。
But I have a bunch of stuff to do around the house this weekend.
但是我有一大堆事儿要做这周末在家附近。
Well, for now,why don't you tell him you're going?
好吧,眼下你为什么不告诉他你会去呢?
That way, you have some wiggle room.
那样你就有回旋余地。
You can always change your mind later.
你之后可以随时改变想法。
Good idea.
好主意。
To wiggle is to make little movements from side to side.
摆动指做出略微的移动,从一边到另一边。
If you are stuck in a tight place,you can wiggle yourself out.
如果你身陷困境,你可以摆脱它。
To have wiggle room,means you are able to make small changes to a plan or schedule.
有回旋余地,是指你能够在某个计划或安排上做出小小改变。
Wiggle room gives you freedom to change your mind.
回旋余地让你有了改变主意的自由空间。
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!