视频文本如下:
Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
We've already learned what it means to "sleep like a rock."
我们已经学过"sleep like a rock"短语的意思了。
But what could this expression mean?
但是,这个表达又是什么意思呢?
Living Under a Rock
与世隔绝
That does not sound like a very nice place to live.
它听起来不像是一个能够生活的不错的地方。
So, what did you do last night?
你昨晚干什么了?
Um...I watched the Royals game.
嗯…我看了皇家队比赛。
They won!
他们获胜了!
They did?
是吗?
Wait, they won the whole World Series?
等等,他们是在整个世界职业棒球大赛中获得了胜利吗?
You really don't know?
你真的不知道吗?
Have you been living under a rock?
你与世隔绝了吗?
Yeah, they won the World Series!
是的,他们在世界职业棒球大赛中获胜了!
You say someone is "living under a rock" if they have not heard about a major event.
你可以说某个人"与世隔绝"了假如他们没有听说某个重大事件。
In our example,Jonathan had not yet heard that the Royals baseball team won the World Series.
在今天的例子中,乔纳森没有听说过皇家队赢得了世界职业棒球大赛。
This expression is mostly used in a joking way among friends,but it can sometimes be considered rude.
这个表达主要用于朋友间开玩笑的时候,但有时候也会被认为是粗鲁无礼的表现。
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!