17. Comments on the New President
17.对新总统的评价
A: Having a new president will change the course of history.
A:一个新总统将会改变历史的进程。
B: Why do you say that?
B:你为什么这么说?
A: Well, Obama was our first black president. Now we have our first woman.
A:好吧,奥巴马是我们的第一位黑人总统。现在我们有了第一个女总统。
B: You think gender matters that much?
B:你认为性别那么重要吗?
A: Absolutely! Women view things differently.
A:绝对!女性以不同的方式看待事物。
B: You don't think she'll be too soft on foreign policy?
B:你不认为她会外交政策上太软吗?
A: No way! Look how she handled things as Secretary of State.
A:绝不会!看她当国务卿时候是如何处理事情的。
B: That's true. She was tough, but also sympathetic.
B:这是真的。她很强硬,但也富有同情心。
A: Exactly. We need someone who is more than just tough.
A:没错。我们需要的不仅仅是严厉的人。
B: I worry about people being too tough on her.
B:我担心人们对她太苛刻。
A: She was a first lady so she knows the ins and outs.
A:她是第一夫人,她早就有这个心理准备。
B: She definitely has experience.
B:她肯定有经验。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习和交流使用,未经允许不得转载