Monica: Mother, all I'm saying is, just once, can we go to lunch and not talking about what I am wearing or how I am doing my hair, where my career is going or who I am dating?
莫妮卡:妈妈,我想说的就是,就这么一次,咱们能不能吃饭的时候不要讨论我的穿着、我怎么做头发、我的工作和我跟谁约会?
Waiter: Well, ready for the check?
服务员:哦,准备好付账了吗?
Monica: God, yes! I will take it!
莫妮卡:天哪,是的!我来!
Mother: No! Darling.
妈妈:不用!亲爱的。
Monica: I said I will take it! Here! Take it! Go, run!
莫妮卡:我说了我来!给,拿着,去吧,赶紧的!
Mother: It's very sweet. And on what they pay you?
妈妈:真贴心啊。他们为什么给你钱?
Monica: Career. You don't have to worry about me. OK? I am doing fine.
莫妮卡:工作!别担心我好吗?我做得很好。
Waiter: I am afraid this has been denied.
服务员:恐怕这个信用卡被停用了。
Monica: That is impossible!
莫妮卡:不可能!
Mother: That's all right, dear. Here you go.
妈妈:好的,亲爱的。用这张吧。