Mike: I just have called to my mom. My grandfather died.
迈克:我刚给我妈妈打了个电话,我外公去世了。
Susan: Oh, I'm so sorry. I know how much you loved him.
苏珊:哦,我很遗憾,我知道你有多爱他。
Mike: Well, actually, I've been thinking about it. I know we will call him "Corner". But uh, I'd like to name our son after my grandfather.
迈克:嗯,事实上,我想了。我知道我们已经决定叫他"康纳"。但是,嗯,我希望我们的儿子能延用我外公的名字。
Susan: Oh. Well, yeah, um, I mean, "Conner" we just picked it after the senior. This would mean something.
苏珊:哦,好吧,是的,呃,我的意思是"康纳"只是我们听到的医生的名字。
Mike: So you're okay with this?
这个名字更有意义。
Susan: I think it's a beautiful way to honor your grandfather. I mean, "James" wouldn't be my first choice. But it's a good, solid name.
迈克:那么你同意了?
Mike: No, Grandpa James is my dad's dad.
苏珊:我想这是纪念你外祖父的一个好方法。我的意思是,"詹姆斯"虽然不是我的首选,但这确实是一个好名字。
This is my mom's-Maynard.
迈克:不,詹姆斯爷爷是我父亲的父亲。这是我母亲的父亲--梅纳德。
Susan: Oh,right. Maynard. Oh, that's awful... that he died.
苏珊:哦,好吧,梅纳德。哦,这太糟糕了……他去世了。
Mike: Why didn't we think of this before? It's such a beautiful southern name.
迈克:我们之前为什么没想起这个名字?这是一个多么美丽的南方名字啊!
Susan: Oh, and rare, really rare.
苏珊:噢,而且很少有人用!相当少!
Mike: And you're right. It's a great way to honor my grandfather.
迈克:而且你说得对,这真是纪念我外公的好方法。