Bill: You know Nolan Ross?
比尔:你认识诺兰·罗斯?
Emily: Yes, we've been close for a long time.
艾米丽:是的,我跟他熟识已久了。
Bill: A bit of an odd bird, that one. I wouldn't guess he had any real friends at all, much less one as lovely as you.
比尔:他是个怪人。我以为他压根没什么朋友。尤其是像你这么迷人的朋友。
Emily: Nolan knows when people look at him, they see dollar signs. So he's built up a few defense mechanisms. It's hard to know who to trust when it comes to money.
艾米丽:诺兰知道人们看着他的时候,眼里满是闪闪发光的钞票。所以他很有自我保护意识。一旦牵扯到钱,就不知道该信任谁了。
Bill: Couldn't agree more. So who do you trust?
比尔:再同意不过了。那么你信任谁呢?
Emily: With my money? Myself since 2008. I've been sitting in cash and short-term bonds wondering when that second shoe's gonna drop.
艾米丽:对于我的钱吗?自从2008年后,我只信任自己。我的资产只有现金和短期债券。不知道什么时候才能有回报。
Bill: My fund actually made money in 2008.
比尔:我的基金在2008年还挣钱了呢。
Emily: Really? Well, what do you have, a crystal ball?
艾米丽:真的吗?嗯,你难道有预言水晶球吗?
Bill: And a magic hat. Bit of free advice? The other shoe's not gonna drop anytime soon. You should consider getting back into the market.
比尔:还有一顶魔法帽。免费给你点小建议。不会那么快就有收益的。你可以考虑退回市场。
Emily: Never said I wasn't considering.
艾米丽:我不是没考虑过。
Bill: Well, then you and I have a lot to discuss. Call my office. We'll set a lunch when you're ready. Loser pays.
比尔:那我和你有很多可以聊的了。打电话到我办公室。等你有这个打算了,一起吃午饭聊聊。赌输的人付钱。
Emily: Always.
艾米丽:必须的。