Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《英语一分钟》栏目!
This idiom sounds a little painful. PAIN IN THE NECK
这个习语听起来跟疼痛有关。PAIN IN THE NECK
What causes a pain in the neck?
什么令脖子疼呢?
Hey, welcome back! How was your trip?
嗨!欢迎回家!这次旅途怎么样?
It was great...until I missed my flight home.
非常棒……但是我误了回家的航班。
Missed your flight? How did you get back home?
误了航班?那你是怎么回家的?
First, I took a 12-hour bus ride.
我先乘坐了12小时的公共汽车,
Then, I took a train the rest of the way. It was a major pain in the neck.
之后换乘火车。这是旅途中最令人不爽的事情。
Wow, and you came straight to work!
哇!那你就直接上班了!
If something is a pain in the neck, it is generally something that is very annoying.
如果我们说一些事情让人脖子疼,这些事情主要指的是令人厌恶的事情。
You would rather not deal with whatever is causing you a pain in the neck.
你宁愿不去处理这些事情,它们常常使你感到头疼。
For Anna, her return trip turned out to be a big pain in the neck. Literally!
对于Anna来说,她的返程成为她最头疼的一件事情。这一点也不夸张!
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是本期的《一分钟英语》。