Hi everyone. Sorry I’m late.
大家好,抱歉来晚了。
Hi Anna. Look Mr Socrates is enjoying our English beer.
你好,安娜,苏格拉底先生看起来很喜欢我们的英式啤酒。
I think it’s going to his head.
我想他喝多了。
Anna! Our best worker. Get Anna a drink.
安娜,我们最好的员工,给安娜来一杯酒。
Yes Mr Socrates. Of course Mr Socrates.
是的,苏格拉底先生。当然,苏格拉底先生。
Anna, come over here, let’s talk.
安娜,过来,我们聊聊。
Oh right. What about…
好的,那么关于……
There you go Anna. I got you some crisps too.
给你,安娜,我还给你拿了一些薯片。
So what are we talking about?
那么我们聊点什么?
Nothing. Thank you… bye bye.
没什么,谢谢,再见。
Oh right. Yes. Bye bye.
好的,再见。
I’ll go and talk to Paul and Denise.
我去找保罗和丹尼斯。
I’ll just be over here.
我就在那里。
What a loser. I can tell he’s all talk and no action.
真是个失败者。我能看出他是只说不做的人。
Well, Tom’s a good worker really and…
汤姆是个好员工,而且……
…and as for Paul. God, what a manager. Always eating cookies.
至于保罗,上帝,糟糕的经理。就知道吃饼干。
You know he was fired from his last job because…
上一个工作他被解雇了是因为……
Anna, I think he’s getting a bit too personal.
我认为他有点太针对个人了。
That beer is making him say things he shouldn’t.
啤酒让他说出了一些本不该说的话。
I know. What should I say?
我知道,我该说什么?
Try saying “it’s not appropriate to talk like that” or “could we change the subject please.”
试着说“这么说不太合适”或“我们可以换个话题吗”。
OK thanks.
好,谢谢。
Mr Socrates I don’t think it’s appropriate to talk like that, could we change the subject please?
苏格拉底先生,这么说不太合适,我们可以换个话题吗?
Oh, sorry have I said too much?
对不起,我说太多了吗?