Look Diana… Denise…
听着,黛安娜。 是丹尼斯。
Denise. Like Dennis right?
丹尼斯。就像“Dennis”对吗?
She’ll want the best – the best tea, coffee, the best team.
她将要最好的,最好的茶,咖啡和团队。
I’ll expect improved results and profits.
我期望在成果和利润方面有所提高。
If not your necks will be on the line – especially yours Paul.
否则你们的工作就危险了,特别是你,保罗。
Oh, chop chop. We’d better get to work.
快点,快点,我们最好去工作了。
Scary! “Your necks will be on the line” – he means their jobs will be at risk if things don’t improve.
可怕!“Your necks will be on the line”他的意思如果得不到改善,他们的工作将要岌岌可危。
It’s a worrying time for Tip Top Trading.
对Tip Top Trading来说是一个使人烦恼的时期。
Let’s remind ourselves of the phrases Mr Socrates used to deliver bad news.
让我们看看苏格拉底先生在传递坏消息时使用的表达方式。
I’ve got to give it to you straight.
我要有话直说了。
The outlook is gloomy.
前景暗淡。
I’ve got to announce a profit warning.
我不得不宣布盈利警告。
Let’s hope this new marketing strategy for Europe is going to work.
期望这些新的欧洲市场策略能管用。
How are you feeling Anna?
你觉得怎么样,安娜?
A little nervous.
有点紧张。
But I’m going to try my best to make sure this new strategy works.
但我将尽力保证新计划起作用。
That’s the spirit Anna!
就是这种态度,安娜!
Right everyone. I think we need to take Mr Socrates down to the Rose and Crown after work for a pint or two and show him some true English hospitality.
好了大家。我想在下班后我们应该带苏格拉底先生去Rose and Crown喝几杯,让他看看真正的英式招待。
How about it?
怎么样?
I don’t drink.
我不喝酒。
Ah well, perhaps some lemonade?
也许喝点柠檬汁呢?
Oh dear. This should be interesting.
上帝,这会很有趣的。
Until next time, bye!
下次见,再见!