I think Anna has just done Tom a big favour – she’s stopped him getting fired for now.
我认为安娜帮了汤姆一个大忙。他暂时没让他被解雇。
Sometimes conversations with your boss can get too personal but I think Anna’s got the hang of keeping things professional.
有时和老板的对话可能会变得很私人,但我认为安娜懂得保持事情的专业性。
Here’s a reminder of what she said: It’s not appropriate to talk like that.
这是关于她用过表达的提示:这么说不合适。
Could we change the subject please?
我们可以换个话题吗?
Can we keep our conversation professional please?
我们能保持对话的专业性吗?
So Anna seems to be Mr Socrates’s favourite team member but now she’s got some explaining to do to Tom.
安娜似乎是苏格拉底先生最爱的团队成员,但现在她要向汤姆解释。
Anna, what were you talking about to Mr Socrates?
安娜,你对苏格拉底先生说了什么?
“Ideas for selling laser curved oranges to Spain”?
往意大利销售激光曲线橙子的点子?
He was going to fire you – so I was trying to tell him you had great ideas.
他要解雇你,所以我试着告诉他你有好主意。
What? ! You helped me?
什么?你帮了我?
Anna, I don’t know what to say. I… I… I…
安娜,我真不知道说什么好。我……
Yes?
什么?
I… need to go back to the office to work on some ideas.
我要回办公室想出一些点子。
Good idea. Keep it professional, eh Tom?
好主意,保持你的专业性,汤姆。
Until next time. Bye!
下次见!